KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - For those who are planning to go back to hosting Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:07 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 11:24 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 396 times
What steps are you planning on using to lessen the chance of getting a person sick? Please note the heading, no need to argue whether or not we should be going back. Also is there a way to take the financial burden off of the venue itself as to paying for the Entertainment say a cover charge of some kind until the venue can put together enough profit to afford to pay for the Entertainment themselves. I know that with all the precautions that one can take, nothing is going to be 100 percent effective.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 2:27 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 170 times
It's going to be interesting. I'm sure once the alcohol kicks in, some people aren't going to be using good judgement, regardless of the safe steps the KJ takes. That may change at first. Some people will drink less to keep their judgement on point, while others may be so ready to cut loose that they don't care. Tough to predict, but my guess is that it will be a happy balance because everyone just wants to have fun again and no one wants to get sick.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 6:34 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 634 times
Bob Latshaw wrote:
It's going to be interesting. I'm sure once the alcohol kicks in, some people aren't going to be using good judgement, regardless of the safe steps the KJ takes. That may change at first. Some people will drink less to keep their judgement on point, while others may be so ready to cut loose that they don't care. Tough to predict, but my guess is that it will be a happy balance because everyone just wants to have fun again and no one wants to get sick.

:?: That is the whole problem how can you do a show, and do no harm? It seems to be an impossible situation, the main purpose of the show is to draw a crowd, yet drawing the crowd in and of it's self creates the health risk? You can't predict the outcome, only try and clean up the mess after the exposure.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 2:08 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

The Lone Ranger wrote:
Bob Latshaw wrote:

:?: That is the whole problem how can you do a show, and do no harm? It seems to be an impossible situation, the main purpose of the show is to draw a crowd, yet drawing the crowd in and of it's self creates the health risk? You can't predict the outcome, only try and clean up the mess after the exposure.

I love it when someone posts after not reading the dagone op. This is a topic for those who are planning on going back to karaoke to discuss ways to minimize the exposure of germs and to encourage venues starting out to have karaoke. Keep your karaoke should go the way of the dinosaur because it is just too risky out of thos thread.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 2:43 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Admins, please remove any posts not related to the constructive discussion of how to move forward with getting back to running as safe a karaoke show as possible. If their answer is just cease and desist from running a show because it's too risky then their post needs to go. It's not an option for those who want to move forward and keep karaoke going.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 2:14 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1279 times
same as i have for 10 years
digital requests via kiosk or smart phone
sanitize mics between singers

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 5:30 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 326 times
I gave them fewer items to be able to touch. Took away the mic stands(s), clean, sterilize the mics after each singer, including the holder the mics rest in, dedicated mic for myself, wipe down any surface they may touch, no books or song slips, request by text (remote phone apps to come soon), tables and chairs have been placed the appropriate distance apart, and keep reminding them of social distancing.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 3:34 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

This is the kiosk that I am going to be using. Just got the tablet today. I am running OpenKJ Songbook Kiosk app. Works closely to their singer's app with the exception of it not keeping the singer's name saved when submitting the song request.

Attachments:
20200512_192954.jpg
20200512_192954.jpg [ 1.38 MiB | Viewed 18668 times ]