KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Profanity In Lyrics Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:45 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Profanity In Lyrics
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:54 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 49 times
I used to ask each bar owner before starting a new gig what their preference was about songs with vulgar lyrics. 9 times out of 10 they would say they preferred that I didn’t let patrons sing those songs, and each time when a patron would complain about the policy, instead of backing me up the bar owner would throw me under the bus, and say “ Well it’s HIS show. HE makes the rules! “
So now I don’t list those songs. Problem solved!

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:24 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 13 times
This issue is like betting a dead horse.....and has been discussed to death ….everyone trying to control everyone else...some people like profanity......and as I have said before I have heard more of it go on thoughout the bar and have nothing to do with karaoke...If bar are so worry about people using profanity..why don't they go around the whole bar and tell people to quit using it in their establishment or leave...but no they make a issue about karaoke singers using it...give me a break..its a bar not a church...people need to grow up and quit trying to control other people...sshhheeessshhh..IMO

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:18 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 326 times
GK Productions wrote:
This issue is like betting a dead horse.....and has been discussed to death ….everyone trying to control everyone else...some people like profanity......and as I have said before I have heard more of it go on thoughout the bar and have nothing to do with karaoke...If bar are so worry about people using profanity..why don't they go around the whole bar and tell people to quit using it in their establishment or leave...but no they make a issue about karaoke singers using it...give me a break..its a bar not a church...people need to grow up and quit trying to control other people...sshhheeessshhh..IMO

The issue really is, that sometimes karaoke IS at a church and NOT a bar, and some people DO need to be controlled because they are out of control with their foul mouths and actions. And yes, even when not on stage should they be asked to either control their actions or leave the establishment. Karaoke is more than just a drinking game.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:24 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 3 times
And that's why there isn't just one bar to rule them all. Folks have different tastes.

I used to run the place where it was PG until 11:00pm and then R rated after that. Generally seemed to appease all the camps in the place.

But it was funny when I had someone cover for me and I was told the first singer of the night (9:00pm) was my regular who just loved "The Ballad of Chasey Lain". My guest host didn't know the song and got quite a shock. Much to the amusement of everyone, even the owners.