KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Is anyone using Karma's triple display feature Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:47 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:23 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1612 times
Is anyone using Karma's triple display feature? Do you need a triple display adapter?

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:22 am 

Been Liked: 0 time
I downloaded the newest version of Karma and all it did was give problem after problem.. Don't get me wrong I love using karma. but only the 2017 version.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:00 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Wow! I guess no one uses the triple display. Bob, I think you blew it on this one

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:13 am 
Super Extreme
Super Extreme

Songs: 1
Been Liked: 1080 times
DTohill wrote:
I downloaded the newest version of Karma and all it did was give problem after problem.. Don't get me wrong I love using karma. but only the 2017 version.

Did you check with tech support? :shock:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:32 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 259 times
per tech support: Steps to reliably play an mp4 in Karma

1) Wait for full moon
2) Wear full length black, hooded robe
3) Stand on Left leg only(MUST BE LEFT LEG, RIGHT WILL NOT WORK)
4) Sacrifice young virgin (If you are having trouble finding a young virgin, contact JeffBillDonny@lolita.com and they can set you up)
5) Follow steps one thru 4 very carefully

If mp4 still will not play, It must be your fault because you are simply an incompetent idiot.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:42 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

dsm2000 wrote:

1) Wait for full moon
4) Sacrifice young virgin (If you are having trouble finding a young virgin, contact JeffBillDonny@lolita.com and they can set you up)

If mp4 still will not play, It must be your fault because you are simply an incompetent idiot.

Will any of this get the triple display to work? :?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:55 am 
Major Poster
Major Poster

Been Liked: 12 times
DTohill wrote:

I've had all kinds of issues with the new Karma versions especially on windows 10, so I actually use a very old version of Karma on a win 7 machine not supported anymore and it works great.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:04 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Capt Frank wrote:
DTohill wrote:

I've had all kinds of issues with the new Karma versions especially on windows 10, so I actually use a very old version of Karma on a win 7 machine not supported anymore and it works great.

I have been using karma 2018.8.2 on a windows XP computer and it works better than on a win7 computer.......go figure?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:04 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1672 times
mrmarog wrote:
Capt Frank wrote:
DTohill wrote:

I have been using karma 2018.8.2 on a windows XP computer and it works better than on a win7 computer.......go figure?

Same here, mrmarog. Karma 2018.8.2 on an MSi laptop, win 10 and it's flawless. (old win 10, less newer updates). Internet connection disabled. 8)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:35 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 197 times
It's a ridiculous feature. The vast majority of computers that people use for karaoke can't display 3 different screens. And buying a usb display adapter for the 3rd screen just creates the potential for more problems. Latflaw and probably one other of his tech-y minions who kisses his butt and pretends to be a host but has the same personality as the developer probably thought this was a good idea. There are so many more useful ideas he could incorporate into his software but since he acts like a contrary little boy that doesn't like to be told what to do, he poo-poo's actual useful ideas. Believe me, I know.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:33 am 

[quote="Capt Frank"][quote="DTohill"]I downloaded the newest version of Karma and all it did was give problem after problem.. Don't get me wrong I love using karma. but only the 2017 version.[/quote]

I've had all kinds of issues with the new Karma versions especially on windows 10, so I actually use a very old version of Karma on a win 7 machine not supported anymore and it works great.[/quote]
There are so many more useful ideas he could incorporate into his software but since he acts like a contrary

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:19 am 

Yup. I like it. The audience knows exactly when there going up.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:49 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 170 times
mrmarog wrote:
dsm2000 wrote:

1) Wait for full moon

Will any of this get the triple display to work? :?

I hope not. I think #4 would get you in trouble. If Windows sees them and they're setup as extended displays, it will work. Most laptops have an external HDMI or VGA port for a secondary display. To make a third display you just need a spare USB 3.0 port and a USB to HDMI device.

Here's one on Amazon for less than $20
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PHV489H/

The feature is definitely not for everyone because of the extra hardware and setup, but for those who understand it, they love it. Depending on your point of view, it serves a purpose for everyone from the KJ to the crowd. For starters, if you set it up right, the singer screen should only be seen by the singer and gives a more professional show, because without the lyrics visible to the crowd, the attention is more on the singer, where it should be. The crowd screen can also show in big letters who's up next and be seen from across the room without the lyrics getting in the way. If the singer is lousy, the crowd isn't looking at the lyrics anyway. What a great opportunity for the KJ to get the crowd's attention during a bad performance with a slideshow of pictures or ads. If the crowd screen is setup so the singer can't see it, you can also send messages just to the crowd screen. The same applies to the singer screen, so, you could privately message the singer something like "back off the mic" without anyone knowing and embarrassing the singer. The only downside is the extra hardware and setup required. The main reason it will never be for everyone is because a lot of small local crowds like singing along with the songs. The KJs who seem to like this feature the most are usually the ones with the more competitive singers and larger audiences. Another thing that helps is if you're one of those KJs who's equipment stays at the venue, so you don't have to set it up each time. Most of the time, you would already have a monitor setup in front of the singer and a display splitter going to the bar TVs. In that scenario, you wouldn't need any additional monitors. You're just now sending 2 different outputs instead of 2 duplicate outputs.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:15 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Thank you Bob for clarifying my long awaited reply.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:25 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Capt Frank wrote:
DTohill wrote:

Well then both of you are simply too lazy to reload windows, because that is all you need to do. If you read the help file you'd know that. If you emailed us, you'd know that. If you even paid attention to half the tech threads on this forum, you'd know that. No wonder you have "all kinds of issues". With that attitude, I'd be willing to bet it extends to other areas of your life as well. Did it ever occur to you to ask for help instead of complaining? I swear the biggest problem this country faces is the obscene amount of people who act like they know what they're doing but actually don't, and are completely 100% afraid to admit it. It's why you didn't ask me or email us. It's why you didn't ask here. You don't want to admit maybe there's something you have to do. It's far too easy to blame it on something else and think you look cool for complaining. How cool do you look when the majority of people are able to do something you aren't? Why do the vast majority of people have no problems with Karma and yet you do? Oh, that's right, it's my fault for not making it be able to work specifically on YOUR machine. I'm so sorry. Is there anything I can do to make your life easier than everyone else's? That wouldn't be fair to everyone else, so stop acting like it, and stop blaming my work for your laziness.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:12 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

djdon wrote:
It's a ridiculous feature. The vast majority of computers that people use for karaoke can't display 3 different screens. And buying a usb display adapter for the 3rd screen just creates the potential for more problems. Latflaw and probably one other of his tech-y minions who kisses his butt and pretends to be a host but has the same personality as the developer probably thought this was a good idea. There are so many more useful ideas he could incorporate into his software but since he acts like a contrary little boy that doesn't like to be told what to do, he poo-poo's actual useful ideas. Believe me, I know.

The vast majority of computers can run a triple display with ease. I've been programming computers since 1977. Don plays music. You decide who to believe. Also, anyone who has to say the words "believe me, I know", usually doesn't, and you usually shouldn't. Especially when it was recently preceded by such vocabulary words as "poo-poo"

Also Don, anything you plug in is a potential for a problem. Your computer itself. The mouse. The monitor. You're coming from a very paranoid way of thinking. Why aren't you thinking about your audience or your singers? Why is it based on what makes Don's life easier with the fewest worries? Don't you think your singers will eventually figure out that you have the capability to give them a private screen so that the crowd's attention is on them? Don't you think your singers might want you to have the ability to private message them during their performance? Don't you think your crowd might enjoy the ability to clearly see who's up next WHILE the singer is performing? Don't you think some venues would prefer to have the option to display other things on the crowd screen during performances? Ads? Pictures of past events?

Ridiculous? I think not. In fact, it's starting to catch on, but you just stay home so you don't have to worry about anything breaking. We don't want you to be scared.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:43 am 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Been Liked: 12 times
Bob Latshaw wrote:
Well then both of you are simply too lazy to reload windows, because that is all you need to do.
Is that a common requirement for Karaoke software?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:27 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

GentlemanBronco wrote:
Bob Latshaw wrote:
Well then both of you are simply too lazy to reload windows, because that is all you need to do.

No, not at all. It's usually only required to be done for those who treat their computer like a lab experiment and usually don't have the know-how to undo what they've done. It's true of users of any software. No computer tech has ESP. They will never know what you did to screw up your computer and certainly can't undo it if you can't tell them. This is why every computer comes with a copy of the OS. If you're going to tinker, you better be prepared to reload. Funny thing is that it's not as long of a process as it used to be. With Windows 10, you don't even need to get a disc out, and you can have it save your data for you. If you have an SSD drive, it can be done in less than 20 minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:45 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 396 times
GentlemanBronco wrote:
Bob Latshaw wrote:

Only if you want a dedicated computer for your shows, which is recommended by the way. None of my show computers have anything other than what I need to do a show with. I even use a separate computer for my song lists, when I used to print them, now I use remote requests exclusively. Actually I could use Songbooks Live if I wanted to until I got a tablet to fit in my kiosk stand because until I do, I intend to actually take my requests via text messages onto my computer. No bother, I have my OpenKJ Songbook account set up to display my songlist without the receiver set to accept requests. Once I get the tablet I will start using the receiver app for taking requests. Works perfectly with Siglos. I hate the kiosk that comes with Siglos because it is incomplete when it comes to onscreen keyboard. You can use the onscreen keyboard that is built into Siglos for searching for the songs but to put in your singer's name it doesn't appear to do so. Hence the need for an outside remote request server that uses an android or iPhone based kiosk app. Choices for that is limited to Songbookdb or OpenKJ Songbook in my opinion if using Siglos as your player. Songbooks Online is good as long as you are using Compuhost. Their kiosk software is good as long as you are not using their subscription services. I now actually prefer having a bit more control over adding the songs into the rotation. So I don't want a request service that allows for auto add. I now would rather do it myself.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:50 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1279 times
GentlemanBronco wrote:
Bob Latshaw wrote:

no, just one software.