KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Wireless Audio and Video Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:28 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Wireless Audio and Video
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:26 am 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
Sorry if this has been discussed before.

Anybody tried using wireless HDMI and or Bluetooth/Wireless for audio.

Just keen on the idea of cutting down on trailing cables/setting up but wary of interference or dropout.

Thanks for any replies in advance.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:17 am 
Super Extreme
Super Extreme

Songs: 1
Been Liked: 1080 times
Sounds good in theory, but the low cost connectors have a bad habit of dropping data.
You can spend $$$$$$$$$$$$ and have better service..

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:16 am 

How much money are we talking here for the better service?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:55 pm 
Major Poster
Major Poster

Been Liked: 7 times
I have successfully ran wireless karaoke. I have found that the best way to do this successfully is by utilizing an iPad mixer such as the DL1608. Set up on the stage with your mixer and laptop out of the way or to the side. Use a second laptop with a screen share program such as "Team Viewer". You can take that second laptop and your iPad and run your show from anywhere in the venue. There will be absolutely zero lag with your music and lyrics this way.. And for all the neigh sayers, I have done it and it worked flawlessly.. Honestly, the tech for wireless HDMI or audio is just not there quite yet..

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:05 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Karaokedude69 wrote:
I have successfully ran wireless karaoke. I have found that the best way to do this successfully is by utilizing an iPad mixer such as the DL1608. Set up on the stage with your mixer and laptop out of the way or to the side. Use a second laptop with a screen share program such as "Team Viewer". You can take that second laptop and your iPad and run your show from anywhere in the venue. There will be absolutely zero lag with your music and lyrics this way.. And for all the neigh sayers, I have done it and it worked flawlessly.. Honestly, the tech for wireless HDMI or audio is just not there quite yet..

That’s an interesting way of doing it but doesn’t TeamViewer require an Internet connection. Also Team viewer is apt to dropping out, especially over a number of hours.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:10 pm 
Major Poster
Major Poster

silverhairedbee wrote:
Karaokedude69 wrote:

That’s an interesting way of doing it but doesn’t TeamViewer require an Internet connection. Also Team viewer is apt to dropping out, especially over a number of hours.

Hmmm.. Maybe.. I have a paid subscription so that I can fix photo booth issues remotely if my attendants run into issues. Most venues have wifi now. If not, there is no need to get too high tech in someones barn.. It was just a suggestion. Maybe not the solution anyone is looking for.. There are many screen sharing programs for under $10 per month for FYI..

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:11 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 396 times
I have had great success with my Alto Stealth Wireless speaker system. In fact, I just provided access to my system at my church's easter service. The only part of my main system not used was my rack that houses my laptop,wireless handheld mic receiver, headset wireless mic system and my digital mixer. I used a single wireless mic system and my analog mixer. The church provided their laptop and headset wireless mic system. Got rave reviews from everyone, including a professional musician.
For the vocals, I definitely would not recommend Bluetooth. Yoo much delay on the vocals. About a couple of seconds delay, enough to say wtf.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:25 pm 
Major Poster
Major Poster

DannyG2006 wrote:
I have had great success with my Alto Stealth Wireless speaker system. In fact, I just provided access to my system at my church's easter service. The only part of my main system not used was my rack that houses my laptop,wireless handheld mic receiver, headset wireless mic system and my digital mixer. I used a single wireless mic system and my analog mixer. The church provided their laptop and headset wireless mic system. Got rave reviews from everyone, including a professional musician.
For the vocals, I definitely would not recommend Bluetooth. Yoo much delay on the vocals. About a couple of seconds delay, enough to say wtf.

I believe the issue that most are referring to is wireless video. Sending a signal from a karaoke laptop to a LCD monitor without using a single VGA or HDMI cable. Any suggestions for that?