KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Karaosoft dropping facebook presence Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:40 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:41 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 170 times
For those who noticed the sudden disappearance of our facebook page today, this was not facebook closing us down, but us closing facebook down. Facebook has added a new community section that amazingly allows anyone to post any picture and we can't remove it if we find it offensive but have to wait for their team to review it first. That's like if your business was renting a building and the landlord allowed anyone to spray paint anything on your street view window and not allow you to clean it up. That's a huge security problem and means they no longer meet our needs.

It's a shame because I was really taking pride in my photo album collections I was building so KJs could use them as slide shows during shows. Oh well. Back to using email for now. ...but it does give me an idea for an online store for cool background photos that can instantly download to Karma...….hmmm

Necessity is the mother of invention.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:05 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 582 times
Gee, I wonder why anyone would want to post an offensive picture on your facebook page? Maybe you called them stupid or an idiot when they had a problem with your spaghetti-code software. Like SC, you're a master at poisoning your own well.

Perhaps you should brush up on your customer service skills and keeping your software running instead of playing with pretty pictures.

But, I think it's hilarious that your own customer base has run you off of social media because of your behavior.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:53 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

c. staley wrote:
Gee, I wonder why anyone would want to post an offensive picture on your facebook page? Maybe you called them stupid or an idiot when they had a problem with your spaghetti-code software. Like SC, you're a master at poisoning your own well.

Perhaps you should brush up on your customer service skills and keeping your software running instead of playing with pretty pictures.

But, I think it's hilarious that your own customer base has run you off of social media because of your behavior.

Yes Chip that makes perfect sense. My own customer base, the people who use my products and click "like" on those facebook posts, all banded together and shut our facebook page down.

Once again, another mystery solved by Mr. Staley. Chip, F off. I don't care if people see me tell you that. I am allowed to not like you or anyone I choose. I don't have to kiss someone's a$$ just because I'm afraid of what they will say on the internet. I know you believe it because if you didn't, your whole existence would lose a lot of meaning, wouldn't it?

I'm Bob Latshaw. If I don't like you, I will let you know. Deal with it. Honesty about feelings is how I roll. don't like it? Buy other software.

See, here's the thing Chip. You think this is making my business do poorly. I sell more professional Karaoke software for Windows than anyone. People don't buy it because I'm an (@$%&#!) kisser, they buy it because they can tell I put the effort into making the best product I could and it works and it's dependable and it's easy to use and I've put countless hours into thinking things through before committing them to code. A skill you have yet to acquire. THAT is what I sell. I don't sell me. If you want that, talk to my ex-politician father.

...and who are you to give lectures about selling themselves? You're an internet troll with no apparent talent or skills other than critiquing everything you don't understand. ...and yes folks, Chip doesn't understand much. I've been writing code since 1977, and my assessment of Mr. Staley's skill level isn't even registering on the meter. He's a poser. He doesn't understand squat about computers other than how to navigate the one piece of software he uses the most, phpBB (that's the software this forum apparently runs).

Chip you're just tickled pink that I finally responded to one of your posts. This is what you live for. You don't honestly care about anyone here or whether they are helped to properly understand the karaoke related topics that are discussed. You're here to get noticed, to feel important, to have a say, regardless of your actual knowledge, which again I say is near null. You tell everyone I'm pathetic and I do the same to you. ….but for some reason, I'm the one to whom they keep sending money, and it's because I'm the only one between us two actually doing anything for them.

I know you won't ever be honest and I know you won't "go away". The people who run this place eat this crap up. It's people like you and me who give them something to talk about. I will continue to ignore most of your posts. You will continue to seize any opportunity like you just did to set the narrative of the discussion by being the first to respond (funny how you're always near your computer), and every once in a while I will pop in like I just did to remind people just how much of an idiot you are. Some will feel sorry for you, but most will trust my judgement because I'm not afraid to put the evidence of my judgement up for public consumption (you know, actually showing I know what I'm talking about).

I'm not going away. Let's just say after the 2016 election, true idiots like yourself are no longer getting the free pass they once did, and if you think I'm the only intelligent person thinking this way, think again. You're on notice. You kinda need to stop trying to bring down those of us who actually do something for this world. Get off your computer and pick up a book for a change, because I can assure you that the feeling of actual knowledge is far better.

Last edited by Bob Latshaw on Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:11 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1048 times
Bob Latshaw wrote:
For those who noticed the sudden disappearance of our facebook page today, this was not facebook closing us down, but us closing facebook down. Facebook has added a new community section that amazingly allows anyone to post any picture and we can't remove it if we find it offensive but have to wait for their team to review it first. That's like if your business was renting a building and the landlord allowed anyone to spray paint anything on your street view window and not allow you to clean it up. That's a huge security problem and means they no longer meet our needs.

I totally agree with this. It's YOUR page and you should be able to delete any post that you don't want on it. Facebook is really getting out of hand.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:34 am 
Major Poster
Major Poster

Been Liked: 12 times
Bob, we've had discussions regarding some ongoing issues on the software, but you always got back to me. We have a couple mutual friends, from AA Co. You can be kind of a hard (@$%&#!), maybe try a little better bedside manner, but I respect your knowledge and the software, of which I've used since early on. I agree with you on FB, why I post very little. Regards, Capt Frank

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:36 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Helluva tirade for someone who claimed in the past he wouldn't respond to my posts....

Bob is like Trump:
He has to blow his own self-absorbed horn (often) because no one else will.

I'm living rent-free in your head Bob... and I'm certainly not "tickled pink" because I don't give a poop if you respond or not. It's just more proof that you will invent a lie to justify your actions.

I also find it hilarious that KJs that use singer history LOSE it completely every time his software has a case of the hiccups.... which occurs almost regularly.

And yes, if you have people posting inappropriate stuff on your facebook page, looks like you've cultivated a LOT of resentment from your own customer base. Good job Sport!

Keep squirming, squirmy... it's pretty funny...

By the way:
Bob Latshaw wrote:
I'm not going away. Let's just say after the 2016 election, true idiots like yourself are no longer getting the free pass they once did, and if you think I'm the only intelligent person thinking this way, think again. You're on notice. You kinda need to stop trying to bring down those of us who actually do something for this world. Get off your computer and pick up a book for a change, because I can assure you that the feeling of actual knowledge is far better.

It's 2019.... the next election is next year.... You might want to put the bottle down every once in a while.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:50 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

c. staley wrote:
Helluva tirade for someone who claimed in the past he wouldn't respond to my posts....

I also find it hilarious that KJs that use singer history LOSE it completely every time his software has a case of the hiccups.... which occurs almost regularly.

If that were true, then Karma wouldn't be the best selling app and the 10,000+ customers of mine wouldn't keep growing and wouldn't keep sending me money. How dumb do you think people are? YOU are like Trump because you have no clue how absolutely stupid you are. I challenge you Chip to sit down next to me live on an internet broadcast and we both take IQ tests side by side. Just tell me what city you live in and I'll pay to fly there and set the whole thing up. Respond here so everyone can see this is on the up and up. Deal?

We can even setup a moderator to choose the tests. There should be 2 separate tests (one chosen from each party) so it has the most fair outcome.

It's time to put your money where your mouth is...…...pu$$y

You think Trump would do that? Think again. You're a moron just like him and it's up to you to prove me wrong or I'll keep riding you for the rest of your internet life until you stop hiding your stupidity. It doesn't hurt my bottom line. Get that through your head. I fear nothing about you. Your words are paper thin and you know it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:55 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Look at it this way, you could finally get that fame that you've always wanted. You would just have to accept the new title of "world's most famous idiot". If you have no problem with it, I have no problem helping you get there. Hey, if you win, I will apologize to you live on the internet and tell everyone that we should all listen to Chip because he's so smart that I don't even understand him. Deal?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:46 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Bob Latshaw wrote:
Look at it this way, you could finally get that fame that you've always wanted. You would just have to accept the new title of "world's most famous idiot". If you have no problem with it, I have no problem helping you get there. Hey, if you win, I will apologize to you live on the internet and tell everyone that we should all listen to Chip because he's so smart that I don't even understand him. Deal?

You've already won hands down the titles of
"Worst Customer Service and
Most Abusive Tech Non-Support" Followed up by
"Most Unstable License Yanker"

What else could you possibly strive for?

Oh yeah... I forgot...
"Loudest Interplanetary Self Horn-Blower" but I think that Trump is still slightly in the lead on that one...

Have a good day Bob and do let us know when you get run off of Twitter or Instagram by your own customers too... We'll throw a pity party for you.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:09 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

If I may respond....

To Mr. Latshaw:

First of all, the things you said about Trump were brilliant! I totally agree with you! Secondly, I know that coding a program is a lot of hard work and takes some smarts. So, I have a lot of respect for developers and software engineers who can do this.

To Mr. Staley:

You certainly are the argumentative type which is evident from most of your posts. First we were put through months and months of this with Mr. Harrington, and now you've taken up the fight with Mr. Latshaw. Although this is non-productive, I will admit that it can be quite entertaining. I think you should take Mr. Latshaw up on his offer. It can be broadcast live on line for us all to enjoy.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:58 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 116 times
I have a question for Bob

When you revoke a license does that mean the user cannot use the program anymore? If that is correct, did you refund all of those people? After all, they paid for the program in good faith so they should have full use of the program. If revoking their license does not stop the user from using the program I withdraw my question.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:04 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 396 times
bazinga wrote:

When you revoke a license does that mean the user cannot use the program anymore? If that is correct, did you refund all of those people? After all, they paid for the program in good faith so they should have full use of the program. If revoking their license does not stop the user from using the program I withdraw my question.

Withfrawel of licensing most definitely ends use of their products. I don't deserve a refund for my yanked licenses because he have them to me gratis for helping him getting started by praising his products when his business was just starting up. Believe it or not Bob, I still feel the same way about your software including Karma. They are good programs but the way that you treat your customers is what makes it not worth buying them.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:34 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

DannyG2006 wrote:
bazinga wrote:

Withfrawel of licensing most definitely ends use of their products. I don't deserve a refund for my yanked licenses because he have them to me gratis for helping him getting started by praising his products when his business was just starting up. Believe it or not Bob, I still feel the same way about your software including Karma. They are good programs but the way that you treat your customers is what makes it not worth buying them.

Danny, which part of "question for Bob" did you not understand? See, this is why you're treated like an idiot. Learn to read. It's really not that hard. Stop giving people answers they didn't ask for.
You're intrusive and annoying, and you have the audacity to critique my people skills? please.

Bazinga, when a license is revoked, it does exactly what it says it does. The license is removed, meaning the program is back in trial mode. Karma is setup so that a show can be run in trial mode. It's just a pain because you have to manually track the rotation on paper. As far as the money goes, every single person can get their money back at any time. Either we give them a refund or in cases where we don't want to lift a finger for the person (like someone who violated the license agreement) we force them to do the work to get their money back by having their credit card company issue a chargeback. Anyone can do it and credit card is the only way to purchase on our web site, hence, everyone can get their money back at any time. Anyone who tells you any different is lying their A$$ off. Don't believe me? Try it. File a chargeback. Of course, after a few days, I'll get a notification and then revoke your license, but you will indeed see that it works. In fact, the remote license revocation "feature" was created for jerks who would purchase, activate the license, and then file a chargeback. Needless to say, they no longer do that. Word has got around.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:29 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Bob Latshaw wrote:
As far as the money goes, every single person can get their money back at any time. Either we give them a refund or in cases where we don't want to lift a finger for the person (like someone who violated the license agreement) we force them to do the work to get their money back by having their credit card company issue a chargeback. Anyone can do it and credit card is the only way to purchase on our web site, hence, everyone can get their money back at any time. Anyone who tells you any different is lying their A$$ off. Don't believe me?

Speaking of "lying your A$$ off"... Bob himself is not being honest.
He has at least one court judgment against him for which he was ordered (not a credit card compnay) several years ago to issue a refund for a license he revoked and to date, he hasn't lifted a finger.

So he's really lying when he says; "every single person can get their money back at any time"

Let's see how he explains that one because court records don't lie... but apparently Bob does.

Alan B wrote:
I think you should take Mr. Latshaw up on his offer. It can be broadcast live on line for us all to enjoy.

Because his offer, like him, is nothing more than B.S.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:38 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

c. staley wrote:
Bob Latshaw wrote:

You've already won hands down the titles of
"Worst Customer Service and
Most Abusive Tech Non-Support" Followed up by
"Most Unstable License Yanker"

What else could you possibly strive for?

Oh yeah... I forgot...
"Loudest Interplanetary Self Horn-Blower" but I think that Trump is still slightly in the lead on that one...

Have a good day Bob and do let us know when you get run off of Twitter or Instagram by your own customers too... We'll throw a pity party for you.

I'm already throwing parties because I have the most intelligent respectful customer base in the industry. My life is FAR less stressful than my competitors, AND I'm making more money than them. I'm glad idiots don't like me. First of all, when I say "idiots", I'm not referring to everyone with a low IQ. Some of my own children have developmental problems and will never be able to do what I do. Who I'm referring to are the low IQ people who act like they don't have a low IQ. Those are the dangerous ones.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:43 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Bob Latshaw wrote:
Danny, which part of "question for Bob" did you not understand? See, this is why you're treated like an idiot. You're intrusive and annoying, and you have the audacity to critique my people skills?

And this is what makes Danny... Danny. I'm sure he means well and is not trying to aggravate anyone but nevertheless, reading his posts makes you want to bang your head against the wall. To his credit though, not many people can make you want to do that.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:46 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

c. staley wrote:

Alan B wrote:
I think you should take Mr. Latshaw up on his offer. It can be broadcast live on line for us all to enjoy.

In order to say that, you first have to respond here with a time and place and name of your moderator. All negotiations will be done right here on this thread for all to see. Propose your first date and time and location. Oh this is on like Donkey Kong!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:48 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Bob Latshaw wrote:
It's time to put your money where your mouth i s...…...pu$$y
It's well known that when you run out of legitimate arguments or facts, your only response is to revert to name-calling.... just like the child you are. And if you think calling me names will somehow get you what you want, then you are the one that's truly dumber than a brick.

Bob Latshaw wrote:
.... it's up to you to prove me wrong or I'll keep riding you for the rest of your internet life until you stop hiding your stupidity. It doesn't hurt my bottom line. Get that through your head. I fear nothing about you. Your words are paper thin and you know it.

Apparently, they are not as "paper thin" as your skin Bob. But if you think your childish threat above affects me somehow, I can assure it will not make even a blip on the oscilloscope of my life.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:56 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

and still no time or place? hmmm. All I hear is a little wimpy girly boy. Mommy won't let you out of the house for the IQ challenge? aww. maybe some warm milk and cookies before bed?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:58 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Bob Latshaw wrote:
c. staley wrote:

In order to say that, you first have to respond here with a time and place and name of your moderator. All negotiations will be done right here on this thread for all to see. Propose your first date and time and location. Oh this is on like Donkey Kong!

I don't need your permission for anything including your attempt to tell me what I can or cannot say or do.

And I certainly don't need a moderator to tell me that you're a douchebag.

Sorry Bob, you lose again.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next