KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Using Software Graphic Equaliser on PC Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

   
  * Login
  * Register

  * FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks


premium-member

Offsite Links


It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:57 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:27 am 
Offline
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:46 am
Posts: 17
Been Liked: 0 time
I have struggled to find a decent free multiband software graphic equaliser for some time but have finally succeeded.

This is using two programs.

1. Equaliser APO
2. PC-EQ

It can switch between a 20 band graphic to 10 band. My only use for this is a glorified tone control
to allow more control on how the tracks sound as well as the Bass, Mid and Treble available on the mixing desk.

Any EQ with respect to the overall PA sound is done via a hardware graphic to improve sound according to room
acoustics etc.

Having not been on this forum long and only just starting out my own Karaoke show I would be interested to
know if using a software graphic for attenuating the sound of tracks is common practice or not and those that do
any pertinent advice.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Robbie


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:30 am 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:31 am
Posts: 4649
Songs: 3
Location: Watebrury, CT
Been Liked: 254 times
That's a good question. I am giving my rack setup, minus the handheld Mic receiver. That I am keeping until I get the new mic system that I am planning on getting. But the mixer that is installed in the rack, while it has a USB interface, it doesn't have any eq controls on the channel or on the main part of the board.

_________________
The Line Array Experiment is over. Nothing to see here. Move along.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:24 am 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:24 pm
Posts: 3554
Been Liked: 786 times
DannyG2006 wrote:
But the mixer that is installed in the rack, while it has a USB interface, it doesn't have any eq controls on the channel or on the main part of the board.

Well then, it sucks to be you.

So, let me see if I got this...

You have a mixer, and there are no eq controls on each individual channel for Highs, Mids, and Lows. Is that correct?

_________________
Electro-Voice Evolve 50... Taking Sound To The Next Level.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:30 am 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:31 am
Posts: 4649
Songs: 3
Location: Watebrury, CT
Been Liked: 254 times
Alan B wrote:
DannyG2006 wrote:
But the mixer that is installed in the rack, while it has a USB interface, it doesn't have any eq controls on the channel or on the main part of the board.

Well then, it sucks to be you.

So, let me see if I got this...

You have a mixer, and there are no eq controls on each individual channel for Highs, Mids, and Lows. Is that correct?

No. The USB isn't connected to the regular channels that have eq controls, high, mid, lows. When I was using it I had my laptop going into a Behringer Ucontrol external sound card and had that connected to one of the Stereo regular channels.

_________________
The Line Array Experiment is over. Nothing to see here. Move along.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:56 am 
Offline
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2001 3:57 pm
Posts: 22664
Songs: 35
Images: 3
Location: Tacoma, WA
Been Liked: 2039 times
silverhairedbee wrote:
Having not been on this forum long and only just starting out my own Karaoke show I would be interested to
know if using a software graphic for attenuating the sound of tracks is common practice or not and those that do
any pertinent advice.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Robbie
Well it's not free but is only $29. Multiband compressor/expander also allows you to boost bass if desired. Give it a try it's fully functioning demo is free for 30 days. Then it works 1/2 hour at a time until you purchase the license which I believe is good for 2 computers. Normalizes volume levels (of anything coming out of the computer) in real time without altering any original files.

https://www.claessonedwards.com/home-au ... o-enhancer

_________________
LIKE Lonman on Facebook - Lonman Productions Karaoke & my main site via my profile!
Image


Top
 Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:14 am 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:31 am
Posts: 4649
Songs: 3
Location: Watebrury, CT
Been Liked: 254 times
Lonman wrote:
silverhairedbee wrote:
Having not been on this forum long and only just starting out my own Karaoke show I would be interested to
know if using a software graphic for attenuating the sound of tracks is common practice or not and those that do
any pertinent advice.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Robbie
Well it's not free but is only $29. Multiband compressor/expander also allows you to boost bass if desired. Give it a try it's fully functioning demo is free for 30 days. Then it works 1/2 hour at a time until you purchase the license which I believe is good for 2 computers. Normalizes volume levels (of anything coming out of the computer) in real time without altering any original files.

https://www.claessonedwards.com/home-au ... o-enhancer

Word of advice, if you are using Avast antivirus, get rid of Avast before getting Breakaway because the antivirus software won't let Breakaway even start up.

_________________
The Line Array Experiment is over. Nothing to see here. Move along.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:19 am 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:31 am
Posts: 4649
Songs: 3
Location: Watebrury, CT
Been Liked: 254 times
For myself, I can use the equalizer in my x18 or in my player.

_________________
The Line Array Experiment is over. Nothing to see here. Move along.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:51 am 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:13 pm
Posts: 3424
Images: 1
Location: Florida
Been Liked: 1503 times
DannyG2006 wrote:
Word of advice, if you are using Avast antivirus, get rid of Avast before getting Breakaway because the antivirus software won't let Breakaway even start up.

Danny that is BS! It will work perfectly if you are smart enough to figure out how to use it. :wink:


Top
 Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:58 am 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:31 am
Posts: 4649
Songs: 3
Location: Watebrury, CT
Been Liked: 254 times
mrmarog wrote:
DannyG2006 wrote:
Word of advice, if you are using Avast antivirus, get rid of Avast before getting Breakaway because the antivirus software won't let Breakaway even start up.

Danny that is BS! It will work perfectly if you are smart enough to figure out how to use it. :wink:

Not bs, I installed Breakaway. Worked fine. I installed Avast. Breakaway started sending an error message and shut down when I closed the message. That message stopped appearing just as soon as I removed Avast. If that doesn't indicate that Avast was at fault, I don't know what is.

_________________
The Line Array Experiment is over. Nothing to see here. Move along.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:55 pm 
Offline
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2001 3:57 pm
Posts: 22664
Songs: 35
Images: 3
Location: Tacoma, WA
Been Liked: 2039 times
You can tell the virus program which programs are safe to use and allow to open. Just FYI.

_________________
LIKE Lonman on Facebook - Lonman Productions Karaoke & my main site via my profile!
Image


Top
 Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:28 pm 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:31 am
Posts: 4649
Songs: 3
Location: Watebrury, CT
Been Liked: 254 times
Lonman wrote:
You can tell the virus program which programs are safe to use and allow to open. Just FYI.

Tried that. Didn't work.

_________________
The Line Array Experiment is over. Nothing to see here. Move along.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:04 am 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:13 pm
Posts: 3424
Images: 1
Location: Florida
Been Liked: 1503 times
DannyG2006 wrote:
Lonman wrote:
You can tell the virus program which programs are safe to use and allow to open. Just FYI.

Tried that. Didn't work.

Ya, right! Danny, the truth is you have trouble, that nobody else does, with EVERYTHING. I absolutely mean everything. I think you should find another line of work because this one is over your head.


Top
 Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:59 pm 
Offline
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2001 3:57 pm
Posts: 22664
Songs: 35
Images: 3
Location: Tacoma, WA
Been Liked: 2039 times
There is another that has similar trouble - that only seems to hit 'him', he cannot even post a picture in this forum because it won't let 'him' (even though many have shown him how) and on Facebook he cannot use the reply (to a comment) link because it won't let 'him'.

_________________
LIKE Lonman on Facebook - Lonman Productions Karaoke & my main site via my profile!
Image


Top
 Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:01 pm 
Offline
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2001 3:57 pm
Posts: 22664
Songs: 35
Images: 3
Location: Tacoma, WA
Been Liked: 2039 times
DannyG2006 wrote:
Lonman wrote:
You can tell the virus program which programs are safe to use and allow to open. Just FYI.

Tried that. Didn't work.
Then you did something wrong.

_________________
LIKE Lonman on Facebook - Lonman Productions Karaoke & my main site via my profile!
Image


Top
 Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:48 pm 
Offline
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:17 pm
Posts: 231
Location: Westminster, CO
Been Liked: 57 times
Lonman wrote:
There is another that has similar trouble - that only seems to hit 'him', he cannot even post a picture in this forum because it won't let 'him' (even though many have shown him how) and on Facebook he cannot use the reply (to a comment) link because it won't let 'him'.


First off It's NOT me! but;
In the past I have had problems with a newer browser that were non-exist with an older different browser until I tweaked it or the newer browser's developers fixed the problem with an upgrade.

I'm just coming up with a ready made excuse for the protection of my character for future use.

_________________
You can never argue with a crazy mi-mi-mi-mi-mi-mind ----B. Joel
I have great faith in fools; My friends call it self-confidence ---- E.A. Poe
I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity ----E.A. Poe
I don't know, I don't care, and it doesn't make any difference! ----A. Einstein
Double bubble, toil and trouble ----W. Shakespeare & Walt Disney
I hate it when I get on FaceBook ----Me
Karaoke might be Groundhog Day ----?
Of All the Martial Arts, Karaoke Inflicts the Most Pain ----?


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:04 am 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:24 pm
Posts: 3554
Been Liked: 786 times
mrmarog wrote:
DannyG2006 wrote:
Lonman wrote:
You can tell the virus program which programs are safe to use and allow to open. Just FYI.

Tried that. Didn't work.

Ya, right! Danny, the truth is you have trouble, that nobody else does, with EVERYTHING. I absolutely mean everything. I think you should find another line of work because this one is over your head.

Yes, Danny will always blame everyone and everything else for any problems that he encounters. But 99.9% of the time the problem is his own doing. I agree that another line of work might be in order. May I suggest a "dog sitter".

But anyway, regarding virus programs...

I have never used a virus program on my "show" computer. The only software programs that I have on it are CompuHost and Virtual DJ, and that's it. And of course, my music files are on it. I don't use an external hard drive.

In fact, CompuHost does not recommend using a virus program or any type of maintenance utility program that runs in the background on the show computer where CH is used.

Now, back to Danny..

Would you be interested in being a roadie? I'm getting tired of carrying equipment, the set up, the tear down, etc. You can move to my area and work for me. While you wouldn't be hosting karaoke anymore, you'd still be in the karaoke environment and still be handling equipment. And after you set everything up, you can hang out and sing until it's time to break down. What do you say? Interested?

_________________
Electro-Voice Evolve 50... Taking Sound To The Next Level.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:12 pm 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:24 pm
Posts: 4795
Location: Phoenix Az
Been Liked: 1113 times
while Danny does have issues, that was over the line Alan.
there is no need to be a d!ck about it.

_________________
Paradigm Karaoke, The New Standard.......Shift Happens


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:48 pm 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:31 am
Posts: 4649
Songs: 3
Location: Watebrury, CT
Been Liked: 254 times
Alan B wrote:
mrmarog wrote:
DannyG2006 wrote:
Lonman wrote:
You can tell the virus program which programs are safe to use and allow to open. Just FYI.

Tried that. Didn't work.

Ya, right! Danny, the truth is you have trouble, that nobody else does, with EVERYTHING. I absolutely mean everything. I think you should find another line of work because this one is over your head.

Yes, Danny will always blame everyone and everything else for any problems that he encounters. But 99.9% of the time the problem is his own doing. I agree that another line of work might be in order. May I suggest a "dog sitter".

But anyway, regarding virus programs...

I have never used a virus program on my "show" computer. The only software programs that I have on it are CompuHost and Virtual DJ, and that's it. And of course, my music files are on it. I don't use an external hard drive.

In fact, CompuHost does not recommend using a virus program or any type of maintenance utility program that runs in the background on the show computer where CH is used.

Now, back to Danny..

Would you be interested in being a roadie? I'm getting tired of carrying equipment, the set up, the tear down, etc. You can move to my area and work for me. While you wouldn't be hosting karaoke anymore, you'd still be in the karaoke environment and still be handling equipment. And after you set everything up, you can hang out and sing until it's time to break down. What do you say? Interested?

You absolutely need an antivirus program if you buy on the fly or even use Songbooks Online to take requests, so for the makers of Compuhost to tell you not to use an antivirus program is just plain insane and criminal because it opens you up to becoming infected. Another reason not to use Compuhost. PCDJ recommends Avast antivirus software because supposedly it is the most friendly with karaoke software. Thanks Lonman for telling me exactly where to go to remedy the Breakaway issue. I admit it was my error in not finding where I needed to go to allow Breakaway to work. Yes Alan I finally listened to the advice from someone on the forum, just won't listen to yours because of you being wrong about almost everything.

_________________
The Line Array Experiment is over. Nothing to see here. Move along.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:03 pm 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:13 pm
Posts: 3424
Images: 1
Location: Florida
Been Liked: 1503 times
Danny, you don't understand how you get a virus. Most are invited by the user by going to risky, unknown sites. If you only go to sites that you know are safe, then get rid of your antivirus. if you spent a lot of time in porn sites, looking for free stuff and file sharing you better have one. :wink:


Top
 Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:45 pm 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:24 pm
Posts: 3554
Been Liked: 786 times
Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
while Danny does have issues, that was over the line Alan.
there is no need to be a d!ck about it.
The only thing I was trying to be was funny. It's too bad that you have no sense of humor.

With all of the tension and hate going on in the world today, you need to lighten up a little. Only an idiot would think I was being serious about my offer to Danny. So, get with the program and stop trying to create an issue out of nothing.

_________________
Electro-Voice Evolve 50... Taking Sound To The Next Level.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 156 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group

Privacy Policy | Anti-Spam Policy | Acceptable Use Policy Copyright © Karaoke Scene Magazine
design & hosting by Cross Web Tech