KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Confession Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:54 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Confession
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:58 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Songs: 4
Been Liked: 431 times
Even though I've been dropping by this place for quite some time, I still don't know the difference between the "Karaoke Discussions" and the "KJs Forum" I guess there's an explanation somewhere, but I'm too lazy to look for it.

Perhaps this thread might have been called "Confusion" rather than "Confession". Either way, I'm confessing that I'm confused.

[font=Times New Roman]"Growing Old may be mandatory... but growing UP is still optional."[/font]

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

Post subject: Re: Confession
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:48 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1048 times
Earl wrote:
Even though I've been dropping by this place for quite some time, I still don't know the difference between the "Karaoke Discussions" and the "KJs Forum" I guess there's an explanation somewhere, but I'm too lazy to look for it.

Perhaps this thread might have been called "Confusion" rather than "Confession". Either way, I'm confessing that I'm confused.

It's really not that difficult, Earl. But let's change this to a forum about Chevy Trucks to see if it will help....

You have Chevy Truck Discussions (open to everyone interested in Chevy Trucks). And then you have Chevy Truck Owners (open to people who actually own and drive Chevy Trucks).

The former would be equivalent to Karaoke Discussions and the latter to KJ Forum.

So now, back to karaoke...

Karaoke Discussions is for anyone interested in karaoke. Whether you're a KJ, DJ, Bartender, Fireman, Insurance Salesman, or whatever. You can post here.

The KJ Forum is supposed to be used by actual KJ's who run a karaoke business and/or host karaoke shows. The problem is most KJ's post in the general Karaoke Discussion forum instead of their own dedicated forum. So, the KJ Forum rarely gets used for it's intended purpose. Not sure if it's even worth having it up.

Hope this helps. Of course this is my take, other opinions may vary.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:13 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 396 times
Alan B wrote:
Earl wrote:

It's really not that difficult, Earl. But let's change this to a forum about Chevy Trucks to see if it will help....

You have Chevy Truck Discussions (open to everyone interested in Chevy Trucks). And then you have Chevy Truck Owners (open to people who actually own and drive Chevy Trucks).

The former would be equivalent to Karaoke Discussions and the latter to KJ Forum.

So now, back to karaoke...

Karaoke Discussions is for anyone interested in karaoke. Whether you're a KJ, DJ, Bartender, Fireman, Insurance Salesman, or whatever. You can post here.

The KJ Forum is supposed to be used by actual KJ's who run a karaoke business and/or host karaoke shows. The problem is most KJ's post in the general Karaoke Discussion forum instead of their own dedicated forum. So, the KJ Forum rarely gets used for it's intended purpose. Not sure if it's even worth having it up.

Hope this helps. Of course this is my take, other opinions may vary.

Actually Alan, I actually think your analogy and definition is 100% spot on.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:48 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 190 times
You guys are drunk!

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:24 am 
Super Extreme
Super Extreme

Songs: 1
Been Liked: 1080 times
karaokeniagarafalls wrote:
You guys are drunk!

What's your point?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:12 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1672 times
jdmeister wrote:
karaokeniagarafalls wrote:
You guys are drunk!

What's your point?

If Alan posted the above while intoxicated, then my hat’s off to him, not once, but twice. I thought it was a good analogy. 8)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:14 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2125 times
KJ Forum was originally a permission only section for kj's discussions only. But we found that most kj's didn't feel like joining and would simply discuss their kj stuff in the regular karaoke discussion which was open to everyone. So we just opened up the KJ Forum to all as well.