KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - For all the Bose haters Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:49 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:35 pm 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 268 times
pretty easy way to settle this. Demo both speakers at your local store. If you still think your bose system is adequate or better, so be it. If you think the other speaker is better, you can either get one, or just keep your good enough system and admit the truth.. :)

I have no stake in this, I can't afford either system.. lol

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:05 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1048 times
jclaydon wrote:
I have no stake in this, I can't afford either system.. lol

I CAN afford a Bose system. However, I do not spend my money foolishly.

If I thought Bose systems were so good, I would have had one years ago. I have chosen the Evolve 50 and have been extremely happy. From a dollar to performance ratio, it can't be beat. Something that can't be said about Bose, in which case you're not getting what you're paying for.

The sad thing is that so many Bose users, have (foolishly) spent so much money on a product that, IMO, is inferior to many competing (cheaper) systems just for the sake of brand recognition.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:13 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 52 times
Dude! Cut the bullshit with the Bose. The 1000 watt F1 sub will blow away most of these mobile DJ offerings. Demo from 50 feet away or more.

If you're not getting your money out of the Bose products then there is something seriously wrong.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:10 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

cousinvinnie wrote:
The 1000 watt F1 sub will blow away most of these mobile DJ offerings. Demo from 50 feet away or more.

To be fair, I have not had any experience with the F1 system. So, I will reserve judgement until after I hear an F1 setup. My experience has mostly been with the L1 Model II w/B2 bass module systems including ToneMatch. I have listened to this system many times as well as sang karaoke on it. To me, it is not very impressive to say the least and one that I would never purchase.

I'm glad that you're enjoying your F1 system.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:26 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 37 times
Alan B wrote:
cousinvinnie wrote:

Yes, all 225 pounds of it, if you have two with a pair of L1 MKII's. The word missing from the Bose vocabulary is Neodymium.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:02 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Hanginon wrote:
Alan B wrote:
cousinvinnie wrote:

Yes, all 225 pounds of it, if you have two with a pair of L1 MKII's.

This is all irrelevant to a Bose user. The only thing that's important to them is that they get to say "I have a Bose system. Like that's supposed to make them feel almighty and powerful. But it really makes them look foolish that they spent so much money on a system that is inferior to the competition just so they can have that Bose nameplate.

Yes, I know it's baffling.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:07 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 37 times
Alan B wrote:
This is all irrelevant to a Bose user. The only thing that's important to them is that they get to say "I have a Bose system. Like that's supposed to make them feel almighty and powerful. But it really makes them look foolish that they spent so much money on a system that is inferior to the competition just so they can have that Bose nameplate.

I don't about all that, it's just that by not using neo magnets, they're heavier than necessary.

I think everyone has voiced their opinion - we're kicking a dead horse here. I'm done.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:50 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 190 times
Give it about 3 years then post an update, so far my $4000 investment in BOSE has paid itself off twice over and I've had it more than 3 years and it's still working as new as day one.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:57 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

karaokeniagarafalls wrote:
Give it about 3 years then post an update, so far my $4000 investment in BOSE has paid itself off twice over and I've had it more than 3 years and it's still working as new as day one.

I am happy for you that you're enjoying your investment in Bose equipment.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:36 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1672 times
Hanginon wrote:
Alan B wrote:

I don't about all that, it's just that by not using neo magnets, they're heavier than necessary.

I think everyone has voiced their opinion - we're kicking a dead horse here. I'm done.

I agree. Flogging a dead horse (bose bashing) is a waste of time and no point in bringing it up over and over again. I have way more important things to do than post a rebuttal.

I’m delighted with my purchase. Bose L1, Model II Bass2 TS4 is fantastic! No amount of argument will alter the truth value, and no persuasive post could make a dent in my judgment. 8)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:36 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Brian A wrote:
I’m delighted with my purchase. Bose L1, Model II Bass2 TS4 is fantastic! No amount of argument will alter the truth value, and no persuasive post could make a dent in my judgment.

Brian, my friend... I am very happy for you. Anyone that is delighted with a Bose system (no matter how inferior it may be to the competition) certainly deserves my respect... and sympathy.

But seriously... I am happy for you. You were able to find a system that has truly delighted you. And I'm OK with that, Brian. I respect your judgement (no matter how poor it may be).

But the bottom line is you have found happiness with Bose. Enjoy your system. I hope it serves you well (or as well as to be expected).

Peace my brother. :D :D :D

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:31 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 57 times
I have 2 Bose L1 Model II's with 2 B2's (so I can run 4B2s) and the accompanying Tonematch T1MEs and Power Amps and am extremely pleased with my sound. I only use one with a single B2 unless I am in a large Ballroom at a Corporate function or large Wedding or Outside. Currently I'm quite satisfied with my sound. The B2s with the T1ME has crystal clear thumping bass. I also, got great deals from a legitimate source and well known dealer. There are ways to pay much much less for Brand new 'unopened boxes' Bose than what they advertise that ARE LEGIT. My serial numbers were accepted by Bose for warranty purposes. So, the argument about expense, if one wishes to do dilligent research, can be dropped.

That does not mean that I won't in the future give the Evolve 50s a critical ear. There are those that like them and that makes it worthy of a listen. If, in my experience with the sonics of my Bose system, I make them sound superb, then since the Evolve 50s are supposed to be so much better I can only imagine how I'll make the sonics of them sound.

I am running 3 Audi Technica 4000 Series Receivers (541-566MHz) and 2 Artist Elite T3300 Transmitters for my singers and for myself I use the T5400 Transmitter. They came at a way reduced price, also.

I don't know, I don't care, and it doesn't make any difference! ----A. Einstein
Double bubble, toil and trouble ----W. Shakespeare & Walt Disney
I hate it when I get on FaceBook ----Me
Karaoke might be Groundhog Day ----?
Of All the Martial Arts, Karaoke Inflicts the Most Pain ----?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:56 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

dvdgdry wrote:
I have 2 Bose L1 Model II's with 2 B2's (so I can run 4B2s) and the accompanying Tonematch T1MEs and Power Amps and am extremely pleased with my sound.

I am happy for you that you're extremely pleased with the sound of your Bose system. And also that you were able to save some money, which is always a good thing. :)

I have been to many shows where Bose systems were used for DJ/Karaoke. I have sang on them as well. I have never been very impressed with a Bose system. The bang for the buck is just not there. Even if someone were to give me one free, I wouldn't want it. Trust me, compared to the competition, it's not all that it's cracked up to be.

In any case, you're happy with it and that's all that matters.

Peace. :)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:40 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

I would just like to say one thing...

I have no doubt in my mind that the people who buy Bose products do so because they think the Bose name is (for whatever reason) a status symbol. Even though it's inferior in many ways to similar systems, they are convinced that it's the best and are willing to shell out boo koo bucks just for name recognition.

If you put the Bose nameplate on a Harbinger speaker and sold it at a astronomically high price, they would buy it. Not because it's good, but because of the name that's on it.

It's all very psychological. But very sad how people think. I guarantee you, if you were to audition line array systems blindfolded, not knowing which sound is coming from what speaker, I would be curious to see how many times Bose gets chosen as the best out of the bunch.

Thank You. That's all I have to say for now. :D :D :D

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:56 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 190 times
Alan B. This is the problem with speaker shoppers and speaker geeks is that they go to music stores and stand directly in front or maybe about 5 feet away from the speaker demo.

I've experienced this a few years back with the BOSE L1 system. I asked the sales guy to pump up the volume and as I walked farther away from the awesome sounding demo, I couldn't help but notice the Lower frequencies drop approx 25 feet away.

Yes you are correct in saying many speakers sound pretty similar during a blind test but after about 25 to 30 feet away is when the true sound comes out.

The Bose has a very even sound that surrounds the room, whereas most other brand speakers have a more direct sound but not as satisfying. In fact you can easily pick out the Bose clarity during a blind test but sound is sound and is only as good as your ears and listening preference.

The main thing that DJ enthusiasts should focus on and consider more is the reliability along with performance.

Professional DJ's with paying gigs should not even question the cost because in the long run the equipment pays for itself with just a handful of shows.

I'm also confident in saying that the average DJ or at least 50% of them have a small build up of speakers and other gear in there basement. It's normal.

As a personal preference I chose BOSE mainly for the surround sound clarity and also Durability and Reliability.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:30 pm 
Super Extreme
Super Extreme

Songs: 1
Been Liked: 1080 times
(Disclaimer) My wife gave me some BOSE headphones for Christmas.
They work fine.

Attachment:
50018986_1227290027445867_5806689183103713280_n.png
50018986_1227290027445867_5806689183103713280_n.png [ 520.53 KiB | Viewed 27722 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:09 am 
Major Poster
Major Poster

Been Liked: 12 times
I've had 2 portable Bose towers which I used 4 or so months in an outdoor setting in SW Fl. They sounded really good with a Peavy mixer. The biggest problem were the amps which started failing after 4-5 hours of use 4 mo into the gig in a warm humid environment. I contacted the Bose engineers and their only answer was turn the volume all the way up, then the gig ended and I sold the 2 Bose units. There is no fan motor on any of the Bose amps, and I've had the L1 and bass module as well ( I think those amps are better). I also listened to a guy who had the newer L1 with large bass module using Tone Match, and I am not a fan of tone match for karaoke, probably more suited to someone playing a guitar, and singing. I'd highly recommend a regular mixer for more flexibility with the microphones rather then Tone Match. Since then I bought QSC 12's which I think are the best units on the market for the money. I also bought a JVC tower since and it has more flexibility and power then the portable Bose for very small gigs.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:56 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Capt Frank wrote:
Since then I bought QSC 12's which I think are the best units on the market for the money. I also bought a JVC tower since and it has more flexibility and power then the portable Bose for very small gigs.

Congrats for moving on to the QSC system. Unlike Bose, you're getting what you're paying for. Enjoy!