KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Audiences who don't clap at all, no matter how good the singer is. Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:18 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Have you ever thought that a singer was better than the audiences applause indicated?
Poll ended at Mon May 21, 2007 5:20 pm
YES 48%  48%  [ 20 ]
YES 48%  48%  [ 20 ]
NO 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
NO 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 42
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:15 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 130 times
Honestly, I wasn't even born when this thread started :wink:

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:10 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 59 times
I watch the crowd throughout when I'm singing. If I see them paying attention, swaying to the beat, dancing in their seats, singing along, watching my movements and gestures (I sing with my hands alot) and getting up to dance then I know I've reached them. And of course a random person coming up and telling me how good I did that song is just the icing on the cake. Example: last night I sang Eric Burden's "Spill The Wine" and throughout observed all those activities in the crowd. Got some applause at the end......it also helps when the KJ pushes the applause button on his board to make applause sounds after the song is done. It can also help while singing that you are animate, moving around and using gestures. Just standing in front of the mic and not moving is kinda boring to watch, no matter how good you sound.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:09 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1672 times
No problem, with my show I have this image projected in-between songs on all tv screens @ start & end.

I think you don’t need to see anybody clapping. It’s contagious. Just the sound of applause makes people begin to clap.
Attachment:
Applause.png
Applause.png [ 80.79 KiB | Viewed 14465 times ]

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:34 pm 
Major Poster
Major Poster

Been Liked: 7 times
SwingcatKurt wrote:
Just standing in front of the mic and not moving is kinda boring to watch, no matter how good you sound.

Unless your George Strait.. lol

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:54 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 130 times
Karaokedude69 wrote:
SwingcatKurt wrote:
Just standing in front of the mic and not moving is kinda boring to watch, no matter how good you sound.

Unless your George Strait.. lol

Actually in Cabaret Class -- whoops, I meant band Camp -- we were taught too much body motion can detract from dramatic impact. It really depends on the song, and the point it comes in the show. If you've been jumping about like a long-haired leaping gnome for 12 songs, and then you take a stance planting yourself unmoving in a single spotlight for song #13, the audience can be riveted to every word. So it's really about dynamics -- too much of the same thing, good or bad, is what becomes boring. In karaoke actually very few of the singers bother to really "perform", so the one that does really lights up the room.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:24 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 20 times
as a KJ, I clap for my singers whenever possible; especially if i feel the audience hasn't shown enough love

my shows tend to have healthy applause for singers. i demand it. i feel that's one of the keys for getting singers to return--if they feel no where else reacts to them like the spots where i'm at.

only once did i have to bully a crowd into applause. i felt the applause was dead, so i threatened to play super annoying music in-between singers; or play the same song or the same chorus of an annoying song over and over until i felt the applause got better. that worked real quick.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:02 am 

Been Liked: 0 time
[quote="Product 19"]as a KJ, I clap for my singers whenever possible; especially if i feel the audience hasn't shown enough love

my shows tend to have healthy applause for singers. i demand it. i feel that's one of the keys for getting singers to return--if they feel no where else reacts to them like the spots where i'm at.

only once did i have to bully a crowd into applause. i felt the applause was dead, so i threatened to play super annoying music in-between singers; or play the same song or the same chorus of an annoying song over and over until i felt the applause got better. that worked real quick.[/quote]

I totally agree! Clapping for singers no matter what is the most important part of the karaoke experience. Even if the song is a different genre than you're comfortable with.

Matthew
https://www.rittenhousesoundworks.com