KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - wireless mics Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:45 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: wireless mics
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 7:16 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1 time
Just bought [url="http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&category%5Fname=CTLG%5F007%5F006%5F006%5F002&product%5Fid=32%2D1253"]this mic[/url] from Radio Shack, and I gotta tell you, I'm REALLY impressed!

I'm curious how I'm going to use a second one. From the specs it looks like it's going to have three frequencies, but as I'm new to this aspect of karaoke (my ex-partner Dave used to do all this stuff! LOL!), I'm asking those of you that mess around with the suckers...

Do they come with preset definitions, or do you manually change them? I remember my ex-parnter used to mess around with the internal settings with the plastic piece that came with it...

Matt

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 10:46 am 
Major Poster
Major Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
Audio-Technica stuff is great sounding and inexpensive. Metal casting, leather seats, zero to sixty in 2.5 seconds. The only reason I haven't used them is the on/off switch in on the bottom like professional microphones. This way the singer can't accidentally turn off the microphone while they're flip floppin while singing. But on a karaoke level if they're that dorky there's other issues involved.

One of the reason for having different frequencies to choose from (besides having two microphones) is sometimes VHF has issues with florescent, neon and low end emergency vehicles.

Have fun with your new toys. Hope you don't kill the first singer who drops it. Wait until the third or forth - there's better collective anger

right on!

Sammy

The opinions of Sammy do not necessarily reflect the views of the Karaoke Scene Magazine - Advice is given with a sence of humor and should be taken accordingly - If you have problems setting the clock on your VCR - You've come to the right place

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 12:10 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I have recently noticed thay my next door neighbor, who also has a karaoke show uses the same wireless mics as me. and you would be suprised how far they carry. I just wish she would learn to sing :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 8:17 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Dr. D,
Pick up your mic and give her some help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 9:43 am 

I use a MIPRO 123 dual mic wireless system. So far it's working out very nicely. The mics have a nice heavy feel and sound great.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 3:54 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

If its a 1 - mic system, that's the only one you're going to use unless you buy another one. If you decide to do that, make sure you buy the second one that operates on a separate frequency from the first one, or they'll interfere with each other. You can hook up separate ones using different mic inputs, as long as they're on different frequencies. Otherwise, you need to have a "dual mic" system.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]