KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Let's have a conversation! Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:42 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:37 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 330 times
jdmeister wrote:
Dakota wrote:
mrscott wrote:
The bar owner bought the bar because that is where she met her husband, and he died. So she bought it basically for sentimental reasons. I think she believes that if she changes it, then he won't be there anymore. It's kind of sad in a way, but also very special, especially if you knew her husband. He was a great man that everyone admired and loves. Also, a couple of years ago, she got diagnosed with cancer (she beat it, but at a cost). If it weren't for her two daughters stepping up and working there to help cut costs and run the place in her weakened state. I truly do admire her, but I wish she could have a financial partner that had deep pockets and a great heart. Hey, I can wish can't I?

That is quite a story.
Wishing is good. Anything can happen. You never know what the future holds.
Maybe her daughters can call Bar Rescue (Have you ever watched it?). This bar seems like a perfect candidate for the show!!! Omg!!! I am completely serious. The backstory, owner stuck in the past, the illness, the potential, lack of funds, food not great, the daughter coming in to help... Again, omg!!!

Sadly, Reality Shows Are Not Real. The are "Technically" Scripted Reality. There Is Too Much Money In Producing A TV Show To Allow Any Flub Ups. Bar Rescue Is Just Like All The Others, FAKE.

Ask Me How I Know..

While I do agree that the show is scripted for sure, not many people are stupid enough to believe that they aren't. However, Bar Rescue does what is shown in the end... they "rescue bars". The one that I mentioned that was done in Utah, I have been to personally and witnessed what the show has done for them and how they are following the guidelines set out by Taffer. It doesn't mean that they cannot incorporate newer and fresher ideas into the overall scheme of operation, because it still is "their" bar, not Taffers. Unless they don't pay back the money that was spent by Taffer to make the changes.

Bar Rescue may be scripted, but it is certainly NOT "fake". Real people, real bars with real problems coming up with real solutions.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:53 am 
Super Extreme
Super Extreme

Songs: 1
Been Liked: 1080 times
mrscott wrote:
jdmeister wrote:
Dakota wrote:
mrscott wrote:
The bar owner bought the bar because that is where she met her husband, and he died. So she bought it basically for sentimental reasons. I think she believes that if she changes it, then he won't be there anymore. It's kind of sad in a way, but also very special, especially if you knew her husband. He was a great man that everyone admired and loves. Also, a couple of years ago, she got diagnosed with cancer (she beat it, but at a cost). If it weren't for her two daughters stepping up and working there to help cut costs and run the place in her weakened state. I truly do admire her, but I wish she could have a financial partner that had deep pockets and a great heart. Hey, I can wish can't I?

That is quite a story.
Wishing is good. Anything can happen. You never know what the future holds.
Maybe her daughters can call Bar Rescue (Have you ever watched it?). This bar seems like a perfect candidate for the show!!! Omg!!! I am completely serious. The backstory, owner stuck in the past, the illness, the potential, lack of funds, food not great, the daughter coming in to help... Again, omg!!!

Sadly, Reality Shows Are Not Real. The are "Technically" Scripted Reality. There Is Too Much Money In Producing A TV Show To Allow Any Flub Ups. Bar Rescue Is Just Like All The Others, FAKE.

Ask Me How I Know..

While I do agree that the show is scripted for sure, not many people are stupid enough to believe that they aren't. However, Bar Rescue does what is shown in the end... they "rescue bars". The one that I mentioned that was done in Utah, I have been to personally and witnessed what the show has done for them and how they are following the guidelines set out by Taffer. It doesn't mean that they cannot incorporate newer and fresher ideas into the overall scheme of operation, because it still is "their" bar, not Taffers. Unless they don't pay back the money that was spent by Taffer to make the changes.

Bar Rescue may be scripted, but it is certainly NOT "fake". Real people, real bars with real problems coming up with real solutions.

I agree "Some" May be real (People/bars/etc) However, if you actually watch the show, it becomes obvious there can't be that many stupid people with enough cash to start a bar. I worked in film/T V for many years, and I can say, "The Majority are made up". It's called "Drama".
I'm still in the producing arena, and have a pretty good idea how this stuff works.
If you see "Pickers" finding exotic collectables for every show, I suspect their crew made all the price arrangements prior to taping. (Just Sayin')
I'm writing a blog right now on film production. Both Film and TV.
It's a select group of special skill sets required to complete a quality project, regardless of the intended market. Yes. I said "Market", because if you can't sell it, WTF are you doing filming it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:29 am 
Super Extreme
Super Extreme

"In Pawn Stars, everything is set up in advance. The store and the seller have already decided on a price or if they won't buy it. Knowing this fact ruined the show for me, to be honest."

"This was MANY years ago, but a friend of ours had a job on Wheel of Fortune. He had to lie underneath the huge wheel the contestants spin. The producers would radio him and tell him which $$$/prize to stop on and he’d grab the handles underneath and stop it where they wanted it to stop."

"Back when American Idol first started, they really wanted people to believe ALL the auditioners were seen by the TV judges. When I auditioned, we were all lined up in multiple lines to see preliminary judges (there were maybe 10 lines set up with two each), and they very deliberately passed on good singers for the TV audition in favor of gimmicks, like costumed people and people singing out of tune. Instead of giving talented people a chance and taking the opportunity to filter out the wrong people, they just went with what they thought would make good TV with a few really great singers sprinkled in. I remember posting something about it on their website (we didn’t have much social media back then) and it was deleted by their moderator."

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:40 pm 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

jdmeister wrote:
"In Pawn Stars, everything is set up in advance. The store and the seller have already decided on a price or if they won't buy it. Knowing this fact ruined the show for me, to be honest."

"This was MANY years ago, but a friend of ours had a job on Wheel of Fortune. He had to lie underneath the huge wheel the contestants spin. The producers would radio him and tell him which $$$/prize to stop on and he’d grab the handles underneath and stop it where they wanted it to stop."

"Back when American Idol first started, they really wanted people to believe ALL the auditioners were seen by the TV judges. When I auditioned, we were all lined up in multiple lines to see preliminary judges (there were maybe 10 lines set up with two each), and they very deliberately passed on good singers for the TV audition in favor of gimmicks, like costumed people and people singing out of tune. Instead of giving talented people a chance and taking the opportunity to filter out the wrong people, they just went with what they thought would make good TV with a few really great singers sprinkled in. I remember posting something about it on their website (we didn’t have much social media back then) and it was deleted by their moderator."

I agree that pretty much all of these "reality shows", are not totally honest about the outcome or objectives. Yes, it's all about ratings and creating some dramatic content for the viewers.

Here are some of the known examples:
Storage Wars got in trouble for "salting" some units (placing items inside units before filming"
American Pickers kind of did the same thing as Storage Wars, but didn't get in any real trouble for it.
American Idol, did exactly what you describe above with pre-pre-qualifying contestants all in the name of "ratings".
Wheel of Fortune admitted to what you said.
Even Bar Rescue has people go in ahead of filming to instruct people on how to create dramatic situations and personalities. You are right, there can't be that many really incredibly stupid bar owners,,,or can there???

There are others.

With that said,,, not "all" of it is bogus either. Some people, situations, and outcomes are for real. Like the bar in Utah that was "rescued",, or Dimples in your neck of the woods JD..it was rescued, but soon closed it's doors when the owner couldn't change his ways.

But, JD,, this is really getting off topic. Maybe we should be coming up with ideas on how to revive this forum instead of beating those dead horses again. Something has to change.

(sidebar JD,,, take a look at my request to change status to "KJ's" instead of normal member. I requested that months ago, and you haven't fixed my request. Do I need to call your boss?? lol)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:37 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 26 times
Why don't we just go back to Laser Discs and SitComs! :)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:57 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2126 times
I honestly stopped posting regularly in around the covid time then sporadically after that since we had to move in 2021 to an area with terrible cell service and no internet access at the time. I finally got back good internet within the last couple months.
Facebook groups are my main gotos now. Lots of the same people that used to be here.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:58 pm 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Lonman wrote:
I honestly stopped posting regularly in around the covid time then sporadically after that since we had to move in 2021 to an area with terrible cell service and no internet access at the time. I finally got back good internet within the last couple months.
Facebook groups are my main gotos now. Lots of the same people that used to be here.

Lonman, does that mean that you have stopped being a moderator on here?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:05 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2126 times
I don't think so, but I rarely was able to get on to do anything. I should be able to get on for spam control and what not more frequently

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:25 pm 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Lonman wrote:
I don't think so, but I rarely was able to get on to do anything. I should be able to get on for spam control and what not more frequently

Good to know :D

Welcome back from the dead!!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:39 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 26 times
WB Lonman! Nice to see you posting, I think FB groups are great, but this is a truly global page, nice to see POV from other side of the world.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:46 pm 
Super Extreme
Super Extreme

Lonman wrote:

Twenty spammers just now.. (Gone)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:50 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 111 times
jdmeister wrote:

Speaking of non reality.... A few years back, a friend of my son, a couple in the Phx area were asked to do the show House Hunters. The one where a couple looks at 3 houses and decides which one to buy. It was so reality real that they had already purchased the house BEFORE the taping!! :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:33 pm 
Major Poster
Major Poster

Been Liked: 10 times
sanj wrote:
jdmeister wrote:

Speaking of non reality.... A few years back, a friend of my son, a couple in the Phx area were asked to do the show House Hunters. The one where a couple looks at 3 houses and decides which one to buy. It was so reality real that they had already purchased the house BEFORE the taping!! :lol:

Lol