KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - How Many Hosts Are Still Working During The Lock Down? Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:03 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:03 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 634 times
:?: I was just wondering if any hosts on this forum are still doing gigs during the current coronavirus lock downs? If so are you using what safeguards to protect yourself and your patrons?

P.S. One thing that might be used to start up karaoke and other business's is anti-body testing. In Germany workers can return to work if they can be tested and shown that their body has built up anti-bodies to the virus. The worker with the anti-bodies gets a certificate, and can return to work. The problem with this is there is no telling how long the anti-bodies will protect a person, and it is unknown if an individual can become reinfected. So even if you beat the virus once, you still could be a risk, not a good situation.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:51 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 116 times
Hopefully the people will not create fake certificates, which I think should be easy to do.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:48 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

:? I guess by the way everyone jumped on this, it tells me if anyone is working right now? Not even in states with no lock downs in place? This shows it is true 80% of people feel they should maintain social distancing. Since even in Texas you can only have 25% of your customer capacity used at one time, it shows most business's even if they open up won't be able to make a profit.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:59 pm 
webmaster
webmaster

Been Liked: 122 times
I wish I could go back to hosting!

I had 12 shows a week before this "lockdown" I am uncertain how many will remain, I know one venue is closed.

Been 6 weeks on this "quarantine" Nothing has changed. Bars & Restaurants will be the last businesses to open in Stage 4 of California Gov Newsom's plan. This could be weeks or months away!

This can possibly destroy me. I don't qualify for unemployment - (maybe under the new PUA, have to wait and see) - I didn't get a stimulus check - no work - no income. Much more of this and I will seriously have financial problems. I've nearly depleted my savings!

I guess we'll have to wait and see

KJ / MC

services provided by:
CROSS WEB TECH

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:15 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 116 times
Phill Cross wrote:
I didn't get a stimulus check - no work - no income. Much more of this and I will seriously have financial problems. I've nearly depleted my savings!

I guess we'll have to wait and see

Wait ... you didn't get a stimulus check? Every tax paying individual will get one.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:18 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Songs: 4
Been Liked: 431 times
Luckily, I have a modest pension which will keep the wolves from my door, but the missing income from those 8 to 10 shows a month sure make a huge difference in my spending habits. And of course, living in Canada, any promises of assistance to small business are figments of the politicians' collective imagination.

[font=Times New Roman]"Growing Old may be mandatory... but growing UP is still optional."[/font]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:04 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Earl wrote:
Luckily, I have a modest pension which will keep the wolves from my door, but the missing income from those 8 to 10 shows a month sure make a huge difference in my spending habits. And of course, living in Canada, any promises of assistance to small business are figments of the politicians' collective imagination.

8) You don't know how lucky you are Earl. My folks told me that during the Great Depression the only people that made out were those who had any income at all, no matter how modest it was. My mother's family survived on a military disability pension my grandfather received from the Federal Government of $100.00 a month. If we open up too quickly and we have a double recession/depression consumer confidence will be shattered and we won't come out of this for years.