KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Karaoke ipad Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:42 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Karaoke ipad
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:19 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 111 times
Looking for some direction. Use to love technology but it got away from me as did my youth. :lol: Does anyone have any experience with putting Karaoke on an iPad I do some singing gigs (not really karaoke where others sing) and currently use a laptop and use the words of that screen that's on a table. I'd like to clean that up and just use an iPad on a stand. Probably have about 200 songs that I choose from currently that I'd like to transfer over and would like to be able to add and subtract songs from my current songs I use easily. Also, I would like the lyrics predominately on the screen and a list I could scroll through to pick the next song. If you any experience or know of someone. I would appreciate your advice. Thanks

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

Post subject: Re: Karaoke ipad
PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:09 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Doesn't have to be a an ipad. Maybe a tablet... Any thoughts?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:02 am 
Super Extreme
Super Extreme

Songs: 1
Been Liked: 1080 times
It's difficult to advise you on a tablet or iPad.
I've seen small live bands use the iPad for gigs, but
not seen any karaoke shows running off an iPad.
I've heard of singers using the iPad to provide entertainment
but there again, not a "Show" with different singers.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:41 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

jdmeister wrote:

JD Thanks for the response. I play in a band now and I use an ipad for lyrics. I need the lyrics because of the old CRS syndrome. :lol: I'm not running a Karaoke show per se. I'm basically the only singer. Just trying to figure out a way that I can load the songs I currently have on the ipad or tablet and be able to choose what I want to sing using a touch screen and be able to change to another song if need be. Also, want to get rid of the old laptop and table. More of a nuisance than anything!!!

That being said would a laptop with a detachable screen work? When you detach does it stay connected bluetooth or do you lose all connectivity to the laptop?

In the end I just want the screen on a stand in front of me and not the whole computer and be able to use touch screen to get from song to song with lyrics!!!.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:48 pm 
Super Extreme
Super Extreme

Songs: 1
Been Liked: 1080 times
sanj wrote:
jdmeister wrote:

JD Thanks for the response. I play in a band now and I use an ipad for lyrics. I need the lyrics because of the old CRS syndrome. :lol: I'm not running a Karaoke show per se. I'm basically the only singer. Just trying to figure out a way that I can load the songs I currently have on the ipad or tablet and be able to choose what I want to sing using a touch screen and be able to change to another song if need be. Also, want to get rid of the old laptop and table. More of a nuisance than anything!!!

That being said would a laptop with a detachable screen work? When you detach does it stay connected bluetooth or do you lose all connectivity to the laptop?

In the end I just want the screen on a stand in front of me and not the whole computer and be able to use touch screen to get from song to song with lyrics!!!.

They do make laptops with either detachable screens, or 180 foldable screen.
Larger hard drives, a plus, and a normal OS.

Regular wireless mouse is better than an iPad without a mouse.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:09 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

jdmeister wrote:
sanj wrote:
jdmeister wrote:

They do make laptops with either detachable screens, or 180 foldable screen.
Larger hard drives, a plus, and a normal OS.

Regular wireless mouse is better than an iPad without a mouse.

JD I'm looking to clean up what I'm using by going ipad/tablet or even detachable screen. Yes wireless mouse is better than ipad without a mouse but I want a touch screen to be able to handle song changes on the ipad/tablet right there on the stand in front of me. So a mouse really doesn't help. Since I'm not sure how detachable screens work does it stay bluetoothed/connected to the laptop or does it lose it all connectivity to the laptop and is totally independent?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:47 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 57 times
I have done the same thing as you, sing at a Restaurant using Karaoke as backing tracks. I do not know of a way to get rid of the laptop. What I have done though is use the IPAD along with a laptop and mounted the IPAD to the mic stand. The IPAD was used as my video monitor. There is an app called Duet that you must get from Apple that will allow that. If I recall correctly you have to enable it both on the laptop and the IPAD. It is easy. You will figure it out. You still have to use your Karaoke program just as you would at a show only now the IPAD becomes the vid monitor. At least it is not so noticeable, but is clunky for sure. Apple may have a new way by now unknown to me. You will also need a USB to Lightning cable.

Let me know if you find a better way as I may get back into that type venue again. It certainly is easier than running karaoke for a bunch of drunk children.

I don't know, I don't care, and it doesn't make any difference! ----A. Einstein
Double bubble, toil and trouble ----W. Shakespeare & Walt Disney
I hate it when I get on FaceBook ----Me
Karaoke might be Groundhog Day ----?
Of All the Martial Arts, Karaoke Inflicts the Most Pain ----?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:34 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

dvdgdry wrote:
I have done the same thing as you, sing at a Restaurant using Karaoke as backing tracks. I do not know of a way to get rid of the laptop. What I have done though is use the IPAD along with a laptop and mounted the IPAD to the mic stand. The IPAD was used as my video monitor. There is an app called Duet that you must get from Apple that will allow that. If I recall correctly you have to enable it both on the laptop and the IPAD. It is easy. You will figure it out. You still have to use your Karaoke program just as you would at a show only now the IPAD becomes the vid monitor. At least it is not so noticeable, but is clunky for sure. Apple may have a new way by now unknown to me. You will also need a USB to Lightning cable.

Let me know if you find a better way as I may get back into that type venue again. It certainly is easier than running karaoke for a bunch of drunk children.

Dvdgdry. Thanks for the info. Appreciate it!!! So it's not Bluetooth and I'd need a cord to connect laptop to Ipad. It's a step in the right direction. I'd rather be able to change right there on the fly but it's all a process!!! Again appreciate the help!!! I'll let you know if I come up with anything better!!! I have about 10 months to get this ready for next January when I sing so I do have time!!!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:36 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 396 times
Give a USB monitor a try. Powered off of your laptop connected by a USB cable. One end has 2 USB connections. One for the video and one for the power.