KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Question about kiosks and remote functions Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:47 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:03 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2125 times
I just use my Songbook DB app in kiosk mode when I need a kiosk.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:45 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 326 times
Lonman wrote:

Lonnie, while that is good for you, it does me absolutely no good, nor is it even proper advise for the situation.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:10 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 395 times
mrscott wrote:
Lonman wrote:

Lonnie, while that is good for you, it does me absolutely no good, nor is it even proper advise for the situation.

Mr Scott is correct. The only software's that Songbookdb is integrated into are Karaoki and Hoster. He's interested mostly in Siglos. And again all of the work for Siglos database wise is done when he loads his database for the player itself. The kiosk is basically turn on and get connected from the kiosk computer and phones.
Another difference is that while Songbookdb has to have both computers hooked up to the internet. Super Remote Request Tool, Compuhost and Siglos do not. Just a simple router for wifi connection.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:44 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2125 times
Ah was going off the original post and made a suggestion.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:31 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Here is another update:

Had my first real show (not including home stuff) in about 3 years. Everything went well, in fact really well!! People LOVED the sound (Evolve 50's), loved the wireless mics (4 GTD), and loved the fun and the new look that I have. Although the DJ booth is not complete (maybe this week, no later than next week) and the kiosk gear is not ready either (coming soon, see below) and I had to use my old hosting software (JustKaraoke2). The only glitch I had was the software must have had a wrong search setting and didn't find some songs that were requested that I KNEW I have. But I found and fixed the problem. Good thing the gal wasn't upset that I couldn't find the songs originally, she just chose something else instead.

OK, here is what I bought, and what I still need to get. Tell me if I am headed in the right direction.

Picked up a used all in one computer very similar to this one, except it has an intel Celeron CPU N3060 @1.60Ghz, 4 GB RAM
Windows 10, 500GB hard drive, bare bones programs. Pretty much factory settings.
https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04094869

It's not terribly fast, but everything works, and it was only $90.

Next to buy is this:

https://www.amazon.com/Touchlink-Functi ... NrPXRydWU=

Is that good enough for a router? It's cheap and looks like it will cover what I need, but if someone has a better suggestion, I am all ears.

And need to buy the hosting software at the same time as the router. I am still planning on Siglos Pro.

Is there anything else I need? missing? suggestions?

Thanks.

Scott

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:33 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Personally, if Siglos would get their onscreen keyboard to work when entering the singer's names, I would return to Siglos. I use a touchscreen all in one desktop for my kiosk so that I don't need a mouse or keyboard out with the singers.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:20 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

DannyG2006 wrote:
Personally, if Siglos would get their onscreen keyboard to work when entering the singer's names, I would return to Siglos. I use a touchscreen all in one desktop for my kiosk so that I don't need a mouse or keyboard out with the singers.

The all in one computer I picked up is not touch screen, so that is not an issue for me. I think Siglos is going to do exactly what I need it to do. I have played with the demo version, and it seems fairly straight forward to use. My only concern is the exporting of the database for printing. But I think I can manipulate that as well once I get it into excel (I hope). Danny, you suggested a program used to re-format the naming on my songs, that's the one I haven't played with yet. I looked it up once and didn't give myself any time to try and see if I can learn it. I only found the program and did a quick once over on the instructions. I have yet to use it tho,, but it's getting close to the time for me to see if and how it works. I might need some help in making it happen tho,, we'll see.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:22 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

I spent most of the day yesterday working on my DJ booth, and got a lot done. It's getting close!! This thing is going to be awesome!! Pics to come. 8)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:05 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Mp3tag is the program that I use. Siglos will export the database to csv as well as xml. The xml will work with PCDJ Songbook creator, the successor of Pilot Songbook Creator. The import from the Siglos xml file is the fastest way to do it. And if you want to go through and edit your songs before you print, it should also allow you to rename them to your liking and even zip them if you choose. Mp3tag only works with unzipped files but you can use it on your dj files as well as your mp4 files.