KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Song List Generator Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:34 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Song List Generator
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:52 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 64 times
I currently use Music Book Deluxe...but I have been hearing a lot of good stuff about SONG LIST GENERATOR...creating a song book by reading you song files on your hard drive. Does anyone out there use this program??

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

Post subject: Re: Song List Generator
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:59 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1612 times
I use it and it producers beautiful books in so many different ways it will make your head spin.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:20 pm 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 268 times
I finally caved and used it to replace Fasttracks because I was having to reset my computer so much from crashes, that erased my key *its tied to the hardware somehow and every time the master boot was re-written it would change*

Have to admit it makes AWESOME books.. in color and everything.. and the function to export as a pdf is a real time saver for me.

-James

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:10 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Songs: 4
Been Liked: 431 times
I've been using it for the past half-dozen of our song book editions (about 2 1/2 years)... and love it.

I make my own book covers from card stock at home (different colour for each new edition)... then package them with the generated .pdf file... take them to the local printer who laminates the covers, prints the pages (both sides with margin offsets), spiral binds them, and I end up with very professional looking books.

[font=Times New Roman]"Growing Old may be mandatory... but growing UP is still optional."[/font]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:48 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

I just made my newest books 3 weeks ago. I created the front cover graphic and I printed all the pages which ended up using 1200 pages of 28 lb. premium paper, printed on both sides.

I took my graphic file and my printed sheets to Office Maxx and they comb bond and printed the covers for all 8 books for under $60. The end result is a really professional made book.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:52 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 108 times
I hardly ever see song books at shows any longer. Most KJs have so many songs that printing out a book would be like printing a bunch of phone books. Some of these guys would need a book for each letter of the alphabet. Most places you just ask the KJ if he has a song and he looks it up on his laptop for you. Can you just imagine what a song book with 300,000 songs would weigh?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:35 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

The best reason to have books is to give the singer, that doesn't know what to sing, some ideas. After extensive correction of spelling errors, uniformly naming duets (male name first), getting rid of "A" and "The" from the beginning of artists and titles, changing "And" to "&", fixing numericals such as "18 Wheels" to "Eighteen Wheels", renaming all artists to "first last" name format, and many other corrections that reduced the numbers of my "unique songs" way down to around 24,000.

Not to mention the huge numbers of poorly organized files the 300,000 songs hard drive have on them (yes, I have seen them), the actual number of unique songs is no where near 40,000 English songs. Since the KJ's with 300,000 songs have no interest in doing the hard work of being a legal host, they also have no interest in printing an accurate song book.

It takes a lot of work to be a legal, professional host and printing (or electronically posting) an accurate song book is part of that requirement. Your singers should have a way of searching your song base without the KJ's assistance.

PS I have done even more naming corrections to ensure a "unique song" truly is unique.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:23 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 92 times
Sounds interesting. I definitely need to update my own book. Thanks for sharing!

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 9:40 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 13 times
Im in the process of updating my books

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 2:51 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 396 times
I have eliminated my books altogether. Song request app only from now on. Kiosk station for those who don't have smartphones. No verbal or written requests period.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 9:04 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2125 times
I'm only going electronic songbook (SongbookDB phone app, pdf download of my club book from my website), at least for the time being. Electronic books are always current (updated the day I buy a new song), people can view at anytime from their computer or phone (decide what they want to sing before the show), and safer handling (no contamination other than their own device). I doubt i'll do the submit from phone option though, slips and verbal requests are still totally fine. One less thing I have to have open and monitor on the computer.
I will offer physical books again, but it will no longer be a free for all, only by request and only a few printed 3 artist and 2 title but these will not be offered until the covid is under control.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 3:21 pm 

Been Liked: 1 time
Great piece of advice mate!