KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Critique Karaoke Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:24 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Critique Karaoke
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:29 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 126 times
The ego is a fragile thing. Most who sing karaoke on a regular basis have slightly larger egos and therefore take a harder fall when judged and/or critiqued negatively. There are many google searches that teach proper mic technique, voice control, etc. Now, if you were to set up a teaching clinic on the various ways to improve your performance then perhaps you'd have a chance.

People who are out with their friends having cocktails want to have fun. Having some food and singing a few songs are the reason they are there. Being randomly critiqued on how you sing, stage presence, etc. sounds like a recipe for disaster.

Personally, I would not enjoy being told I was not that great or that I need to pick a different song. It takes guts for some to even consider singing in front of other people and telling them they suck seems inappropriate and not conducive for you as the host keeping them coming back.

I love the idea of a Gong show. Having a talent show where anyone can get up and do anything is far different than being critiqued on a karaoke performance.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:44 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 395 times
My roommate came up with an idea to motivate shy singers to sing a song. Have a portable stage prop resembling a shower, curtain and all, have a wired mic set up in it. And have a running water sound effect to complete the whole effect.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:52 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1048 times
spotlightjr wrote:
The ego is a fragile thing. Most who sing karaoke on a regular basis have slightly larger egos and therefore take a harder fall when judged and/or critiqued negatively. There are many google searches that teach proper mic technique, voice control, etc. Now, if you were to set up a teaching clinic on the various ways to improve your performance then perhaps you'd have a chance.

People who are out with their friends having cocktails want to have fun. Having some food and singing a few songs are the reason they are there. Being randomly critiqued on how you sing, stage presence, etc. sounds like a recipe for disaster.

Personally, I would not enjoy being told I was not that great or that I need to pick a different song. It takes guts for some to even consider singing in front of other people and telling them they suck seems inappropriate and not conducive for you as the host keeping them coming back.

I love the idea of a Gong show. Having a talent show where anyone can get up and do anything is far different than being critiqued on a karaoke performance.

I agree 100% with everything you've said. Most of us do. Like I said, it's a "stupid" idea.