KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Open KJ Two Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:03 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Open KJ Two
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:48 am 
Super Extreme
Super Extreme

Songs: 1
Been Liked: 1080 times
Earl wrote:
I've been using Winamp to do my shows for about as long as I can remember. It's been bulletproof, and God knows its simple... the later, a major requirement for me. If you've read many of my posts, you'll know I'm not very computer-literate, and that's an understatement.

Two or three years ago I tested several programs via their free trials, and ended up buying Just Karaoke 2.0 Not the brightest purchase I've ever made. I load it up from time to time, but always screw something up when I try to use it.

So... I see folks here talking about OpenKJ... It seems the program is reliable and simple, and can incorporate as many features as you may or may not want. Lately, I've been getting more and more singers asking me things like, what did they sing last week, or "pick one of my usual songs"... and so I thought this feature would be handy. And a better method of keeping track of the rotation would be a bonus.

So yesterday I downloaded and installed the latest 64 bit version.... then spent last evening figuring out how to add both karaoke and bumper data bases, a significant task for my limited computer abilities. This morning I loaded a few singers' names... and that's as far as I got. In attempting to simulate the start of a show, the program crashed... not once, but three times, and I have no idea why it happened.

However, I'm wondering if it's possible that I should have downloaded an earlier version of the program that might be more stable. If so, I'll delete this program and get what you might suggest. On the other hand, if you don't think that's the problem, I'd be happy to hear your suggestions.... as long as they're not spelled out in computer-ese.

I'm not interested in getting a different program, and if necessary I'll stick with Winamp... but since I have some time on my hands, I thought I'd give OpenKJ a try.

My apology for such a long-winded post.

Sounds right.. Open KJ two

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

Post subject: Re: Open KJ Two
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:07 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 37 times
Sir, Hanginon reporting for duty!

Willing to help Earl any way I can, Sir!

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:30 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Songs: 4
Been Liked: 431 times
Thank you... I must admit, I was getting both frustrated and annoyed at the other thread.

A couple of quick questions, but I know I'll have more..

I've put together a list of my karaoke singers, including those who would be considered "regulars" and those who show up infrequently. It currently numbers 258 souls. Could I or should I enter all those names into the singers' list, and if so, could it be searchable in the same way we search for titles (partial, full, etc.). In other words, I might know the singer's name is Tom, but I have more than one "Tom" in my singers' data base, including good old Sam Tomkins... could I search for "Tom" and have all instances of "tom" show up?

If that's possible, then....

When I see the right "tom", can I simply drag & drop the title to his name... have it enter into the rotation... and automatically add to the singer's history?

I have other questions, and could quite possibly become a PITA, but that's a start.

Again, Thank you for coming to my rescue (I hope).

P.S. To Danny & Alan. If you derail this thread, I'll be forced to hire Brian A. to track you both down and kick your butts.

[font=Times New Roman]"Growing Old may be mandatory... but growing UP is still optional."[/font]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:27 pm 
Super Extreme
Super Extreme

Songs: 1
Been Liked: 1080 times
As they say, "The Day's Not Over"..

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:06 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 396 times
You want to be able to go into the history and choose just one song, am I right so far?
You can't achieve that wi Th OpenKJ. It drops every single song in the history and dumps it Into the singer's playlist. But learn it the hard way if that's what you want to do but I doubt that you would have started this thread.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:28 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 190 times
Like the Pasta, It's in there, the feature is in OpenKJ to bring up previous singers simply CLICK THE HEART at the lower left side of the program.

if you click the heart for each singer then they will be saved as regulars along with their history of songs.

Attachment:
history.png
history.png [ 6.86 KiB | Viewed 33049 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:55 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Below is the result of using its history. Imagine having to weed through all of the songs deleting them until you get to where only the song you want. Not such a task either three songs but imagine 50 songs that you have to go through.

Attachments:
opnkj2.jpg
opnkj2.jpg [ 180.91 KiB | Viewed 33043 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:27 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1279 times
Danny is right, if you add a singer, it automatically add every song they have done to the rotation.
those of you using openkj for pro use, how are you getting around this?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:24 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

The only way that OpenKJ would work out is that everyone sings the same 4 or 5 songs every show and never adds anything new.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:04 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 190 times
1) Open KJ program
2) Click the heart and add the desired singer to the rotation
3) Notice in the rotation (LEFT SIDE) the displayed track to confirm with singer this is the song he/she will be singing.
4) Song Que (Bottom Center) displays history of previous tracks and can be moved by simply dragging and dropping them to the requested order of the singer.
5) Song database (Top Center) is where you can search or add new songs to the singers list by simply highlighting the singer and double clicking on new songs to add to song que or simply drag and drop from song database to the song que.

During the show. KJ only has to double click the singer to play their next track.

*Note that when singer has no tracks left in his rotation to sing, the name highlights to yellow.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:43 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1279 times
karaokeniagarafalls wrote:
1) Open KJ program
2) Click the heart and add the desired singer to the rotation
3) Notice in the rotation (LEFT SIDE) the displayed track to confirm with singer this is the song he/she will be singing.
4) Song Que (Bottom Center) displays history of previous tracks and can be moved by simply dragging and dropping them to the requested order of the singer.
5) Song database (Top Center) is where you can search or add new songs to the singers list by simply highlighting the singer and double clicking on new songs to add to song que or simply drag and drop from song database to the song que.

During the show. KJ only has to double click the singer to play their next track.

*Note that when singer has no tracks left in his rotation to sing, the name highlights to yellow.

and as he said... every single song that singer has ever done is added to the rotation.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:11 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 130 times
Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
Danny is right, if you add a singer, it automatically add every song they have done to the rotation.
I'm only about 4 shows into using OpenKJ, but I'm not seeing any way around this, and it's already becoming a problem. Already I have regulars' song queues overly crowded by songs they did at earlier shows. The workaround I'm trying is:

1. after adding a singer from the Regulars list, immediately selecting ALL the songs in their just-populated queue,

2. right clicking to open the dialog popup, and

3. selecting the toggle to mark all their songs as already sung.

Then when they put in their first song, if it's on that list, right clicking it and marking just that one song as not sung, and then dragging it to the top of their queue

That's a whole lot of steps though, and one incorrect click messes the whole thing up.

I was training someone to run shows for me at the last show while I played customer. I told him my first song, sat down, got called up in a bit, and up came the wrong song -- because it was in a song in my queue from last week, and the new song I'd asked for got added to the bottom of the queue.

So it looks like this is going to take a lot of practice.

I might just ignore the feature and not save any regulars to avoid trouble.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:01 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

I'd suggest contacting Isaac directly on this -
support@openkj.org

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:21 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1048 times
Hanginon wrote:
support@openkj.org

And I'd suggest using Compuhost if you want the real deal. But for those wanting something for free, I will say that it beats Karafun.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:44 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Alan B wrote:
And I'd suggest using Compuhost if you want the real deal. But for those wanting something for free, I will say that it beats Karafun.

...and I'd suggest putting posts like this back in "OpenKJ One".

Contact Isaac - the guy is very approachable, always amenable to improvements, and is he constantly updating it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:43 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Hanginon wrote:
support@openkj.org

Total agreement on this one.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:45 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Elementary Penguin wrote:
Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
I'm only about 4 shows into using OpenKJ, but I'm not seeing any way around this, and it's already becoming a problem. Already I have regulars' song queues overly crowded by songs they did at earlier shows. The workaround I'm trying is:

1. after adding a singer from the Regulars list, immediately selecting ALL the songs in their just-populated queue,

2. right clicking to open the dialog popup, and

3. selecting the toggle to mark all their songs as already sung.

Then when they put in their first song, if it's on that list, right clicking it and marking just that one song as not sung, and then dragging it to the top of their queue

That's a whole lot of steps though, and one incorrect click messes the whole thing up.

I was training someone to run shows for me at the last show while I played customer. I told him my first song, sat down, got called up in a bit, and up came the wrong song -- because it was in a song in my queue from last week, and the new song I'd asked for got added to the bottom of the queue.

So it looks like this is going to take a lot of practice.

I might just ignore the feature and not save any regulars to avoid trouble.

To add your fix. Move the song you want to the bottom of the que not the top. Then when you add new songs to the singer's playlist it will work perfectly.