KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Compuhost V3 no lyrics Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:05 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Compuhost V3 no lyrics
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:06 am 

Been Liked: 0 time
I have been using Compuhost V3 since last October, first on an older unused machine with Vista. The middle of December I upgrade to an HP with all the bells an whistles and Windows 10. And it has work flawlessly, faster and smoother with 10.
When I turned my system on this evening there are no lyric graphics on stored songs or CD+G. Everything else is working fine, including sound, the screen on the remote monitor (minus lyrics), sound and video bites and the DJ console.
I restarted the program, rebooted the computer and disconnected and reconnected the external drive where I store my music. I ended up with the same problem every time.
I used the system last Saturday, 3/18, and everything worked perfect. The computer has been off since then so no updates, additional songs or software has been added. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Joe

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:03 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 180 times
it's windows 10, I downgraded my system to 7.

i got tired of one night it working great then the next i'd have to reboot like3 times before it would straighten itself out.....

get rid of windows 10 until compuhost fixes the problem.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:05 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 126 times
Hey, I've had similar problems before. Change the hardware support mode. Should work

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:22 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 259 times
Turning off Hardware Acceleration mode is always one of the first things to try when encountering video problems.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:26 am 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Been Liked: 1 time
I use an HP Laptop, Win 10, hdmi to 60" tv. The sound runs via USB from the laptop through a mixer to the speakers. If I don't set this up BEFORE turning on laptop it will NOT recognize the external speakers. THEN I boot Compuhost THEN I plug in HDMI to TV. If I do it before it will not work.

So I would try that, or checking the Video setting or turning off your firewall and defender and Malwarebytes if you got them. The other thing I do is go make sure my start up setting are bare-bones.
Good Lucj,
Ellie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:15 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1048 times
Here's what you need to do...

Push the button on the monitor that lets you select between VGA, DVI, HDMI, etc. It should solve your problem.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:17 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1048 times
mightywiz wrote:
it's windows 10, I downgraded my system to 7.

i got tired of one night it working great then the next i'd have to reboot like3 times before it would straighten itself out.....

get rid of windows 10 until compuhost fixes the problem.

This is NOT a Windows 10 or CompuHost problem.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:53 pm 

Thanks everyone for your help. I tried it all and nothing would bring the graphics up. I finally reloaded Windows 10 and Compuhost, turned off Windows update and so far everything is working great. The only thing I can imagine is that something in Windows updates affected the graphics.
If you are running 10, you might consider turning off updates.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:08 am 

All of the notes on this topic were very helpful. I saw here and on a couple other google posts that I likely had a windows update pending. That was the case for me. I let the update be applied on a reboot and the lyrics came back. That sure is an odd issue with Windows 10 but it only took me a few minutes to address it. Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:42 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 190 times
what you should try is to re-create the problem.

What happens is when the previous song is finishing up (Timer is counting down) and you double click to play next karaoke track before the timer hits 0:00 will result in no graphics error. simply rebooting will fix the issue but do keep in mind to make sure the countdown timer is 0:00 before selecting next track.

On another note when using compuhost with Pinned Search box, DO NOT MINIMIZE the program or it will not maximize. CTRL-ALT-DELETE and close compuhost followed by restarting compuhost will get you back on track.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:28 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 57 times
I have an HP Laptop, also.

With Win10 while running a show I will have trouble even on the download which you can not stop from happening while on-line for downloading off KV or Karaoke.net. You can schedule the update only not the download. The download nearly always interferes with the show so I make sure I have already downloaded and updated prior to the show. However, nearly every time it is updated there is something that is not the same as it was prior. So, I have to fix that before the show, also. Then again, sometimes the problem does not rear it's ugly head until late in the show. I should go backwards but as of yet I have not. I could be wrong but I believe MS only cares about compiling info for the NSA and not us users.

I don't know, I don't care, and it doesn't make any difference! ----A. Einstein
Double bubble, toil and trouble ----W. Shakespeare & Walt Disney
I hate it when I get on FaceBook ----Me
Karaoke might be Groundhog Day ----?
Of All the Martial Arts, Karaoke Inflicts the Most Pain ----?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:53 am 
Super Extreme
Super Extreme

Songs: 1
Been Liked: 1080 times
dvdgdry wrote:
I have an HP Laptop, also.

With Win10 while running a show I will have trouble even on the download which you can not stop from happening while on-line for downloading off KV or Karaoke.net. You can schedule the update only not the download. The download nearly always interferes with the show so I make sure I have already downloaded and updated prior to the show. However, nearly every time it is updated there is something that is not the same as it was prior. So, I have to fix that before the show, also. Then again, sometimes the problem does not rear it's ugly head until late in the show. I should go backwards but as of yet I have not. I could be wrong but I believe MS only cares about compiling info for the NSA and not us users.

Windows 10, still a work in progress..
:argue: