KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - karaoke mp3+g normalizer Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:34 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:34 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1048 times
Lonman wrote:
Guess i'm a POS because I don't agree with your beliefs but you've already stated at one time those that don't use Compuhost are inferior (or something to that effect), so i'll remain inferior (in your eyes).

I'm guessing that POS means "Person Of Superiority". :) And for the record, I do not believe that anyone who doesn't use CompuHost is inferior. I never said that. Maybe "emotionally unstable" but certainly not inferior. LOL.

Of course I hope you know I'm just joking with you, but back on topic; I do realize that the volume levels are different from one song to another, even with the same brands. And luckily, my hosting software (CompuHost) takes care of it within the program itself. So, I have no need for another piece of software running in the background taking up resources.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:00 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1672 times
Alan B wrote:
And for the record, I do not believe that anyone who doesn't use CompuHost is inferior. I never said that. Maybe "emotionally unstable" but certainly not inferior. LOL.

Oh yes you did. Admit it Alan – you said it :nana: Karma - inferior. Compuhost - Superior! This was your post Oct 05, 2013 6:19 pm
Alan B wrote:
One other thing Chris... Your actions above only prove that you are trying to make Karma look good. Maybe you can't deal with it being inferior, or maybe you can't deal with CompuHost being the superior hosting program so you have to resort to such measures. Jealousy maybe?

:P :oops: :oops: you should be! :lol:

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:41 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1048 times
Brian A wrote:
Alan B wrote:
And for the record, I do not believe that anyone who doesn't use CompuHost is inferior. I never said that. Maybe "emotionally unstable" but certainly not inferior. LOL.

Oh yes you did. Admit it Alan – you said it :nana: Karma - inferior. Compuhost - Superior! This was your post Oct 05, 2013 6:19 pm
Alan B wrote:
One other thing Chris... Your actions above only prove that you are trying to make Karma look good. Maybe you can't deal with it being inferior, or maybe you can't deal with CompuHost being the superior hosting program so you have to resort to such measures. Jealousy maybe?

:P :oops: :oops: you should be! :lol:

My dear, sweet, little Brian...

As I have stated above, I have never called anyone inferior. In the quote you posted above from 2013, I was referencing Karma as being inferior to CH. Here, we are talking about a software program, not any individual person (as Lonnie has incorrectly stated and which I am responding to). Calling software inferior is totally different than calling a person inferior.

Now, go back and re-read it again. Slowly this time and try to comprehend exactly what was said. When you're through, I will humbly accept your apology.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:02 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Alan B wrote:
Of course I hope you know I'm just joking with you...

Back at you, Alan. You know I was just testing you, right? hence all the added emojis. I’m trying to turn it around and see if you’re paying attention.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:49 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 396 times
Brian A wrote:
Alan B wrote:
Brian A wrote:

I don’t use lexicon alpha. I use a high-end external sound card, Asus xonar essence stu PLUS Breakaway!

The question is Why Brian? If you're using such a high end card , then why do you need it? Which leads me to believe, your expensive high end card can't be all that great if you have to rely on some software program to make it sound better.

We all know that different brand cdg’s were recorded at different volumes; case in point, pioneer vs partytyme, or any and all other discs for that matter.

Without breakaway I’d be constantly adjusting my volume all night long. With breakaway I can set the volume to a fixed level and never reach for that volume control. It will be pretty much consistent all-night long.

I answered your question, but you didn’t answer what I asked you, so once again: “Have you ever tried breakaway?”

If it means that I can spend more time with the customers, getting them to sing so that I don't have to, I am all for any technology that makes that possible. It's not a case that I don't have mixing skills it's that I end up with more singers having the time to encourage them to sing than if I stood behind my system all night adjusting this or that. I prefer an all Karaoke show over having to play songs that I have to set up ahead of time so I have enough music in my DJ playlist in case I run into a night when none of my regular singers can make it, which has been quite rare but it happens once in a blue moon.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:01 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1612 times
I load about 5 hours of DJ filler music in ahead of my singers, set my "FV" filler volume to about 10% and hit play dj. After that I completely ignore my DJ music and do absolutely nothing, but hit the "next singer". At the start of my shows I usually have about 2 hours of singers cued before my show even starts.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:03 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 130 times
Seconding what Paradigm said -- never a synch problem with files that have been through MP3 GAIN, and I've done hundreds (all my Pioneer for example).

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:39 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

I mp3Gained all 68,000 songs (that I actually have discs for). Some needed massive changes to their volumes levels, and most showed clipping if gained above the preset 89db setting.

I ignored the clipping warning and gained them ALL to 93db. I also use Breakaway and Breakaway still makes big changes to some of the mp3Gained songs. I could have saved myself a lot of time by just using Breakaway.

On July 11 2008 I posted this quote here on this forum "I can't believe it, but I just did a search in the forum for the word "breakaway" and I found nothing? Doesn't anyone use Breakaway for normalizing the output volume of their laptop? (viewtopic.php?f=1&t=13999&p=199812&hilit=breakaway#p199812)

So you can see I've been using Breakaway for a very long time

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:30 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2125 times
Yep that was about the time I started using it (thanks for bringing it up), the lag I mentioned then I was able to remedy with the sync adjust in my program. Never had a problem since.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:41 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

mrmarog wrote:
Doesn't anyone use Breakaway for normalizing the output volume of their laptop?

One of the main reasons I use Breakaway is to normalize my track’s volume to constant level. No more manually adjusting volume control all-night long. Extras - cleaner, richer and fuller sound. 8)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:50 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 50 times
I use Breakaway as well.
If you don't want to do that or lack the computing power, simply
use a stereo compressor/limiter between the computer and mixer.
Just don't try to boost bass at the computer. Do it after the compressor or you
will have a "pumping" problem.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:17 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 190 times
I use a compressor as a personal preference setting the threshold to approx -20dB giving an over compressed sound but with very little pumping sound.

Sorry but I could never get used to using normalizing software as a professional tool... but then again... IT'S JUST KARAOKE!! lololo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:34 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

karaokeniagarafalls wrote:
Sorry but I could never get used to using normalizing software as a professional tool... but then again... IT'S JUST KARAOKE!! lololo

A professional “tool”?

I hope we’re referring to a device to accomplish a task and not the Smash Mouth’s song All Star “I ain’t the smartest tool in the shed”. LOL

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:37 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

software is not a device.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:58 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

software is not a device.

No, but it (Breakaway) can perform BETTER than any device or several devices.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:41 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Maybe I must've missed something with this software.

So you're telling me:
1) Run Breakaway software in the audio chain
2) Run my favorite karaoke software
3) Play a karaoke song (Karaoke software Unzips the karaoke track)
4) Breakaway software processes the MP3 part of the karaoke song in "real time" (Normalizes song without permanent alteration to the song.
5) No cdg syncing issues

All this on a "Windows PC" with no lag?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:41 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 629 times

So you're telling me:
4) Breakaway software processes the MP3 part of the karaoke song in "real time" (Normalizes song without permanent alteration to the song.
5) No cdg syncing issues

Yep.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:55 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 396 times
It's Defintely worth the money.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:53 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

I consider breakaway to be one of best professional application tool available to consumers at a very affordable price.

Enjoy the full potential of my audio system for $29.95? Absolutely! All enhancement done automatically plus all sounds that used to make me reach for the volume knob have been normalized – yes, definitely worth it.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:29 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

RLC wrote:

So you're telling me:
5) No cdg syncing issues

Yep.

Yep times 2 :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next