KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Song Book Software Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:06 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Song Book Software
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 11:28 am 
Major Poster
Major Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
Hi Folks!

I have a question regarding software for making up the song books.

From what I understand, you can enter in a CD#, and it will list the songs for you.

Does that mean that as you are buying music, you could "forecast" what your book will look like (with song count and duplicate count), prior to actually buying the CD's?

Also, do they allow different page layouts for the books?

I am assuming that now and then you download updates to the software which contain song titles for recent new releases and such, so it stays up to date.

What software is "hands down" the best for making books?

Thanks!

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 5:05 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Personally I prefer KJ pro It works really Nice and yes you can just enter a cd and it will come up and you can compare , also if you buy a set you can click one button and the whole set is added, and yes you can download updates online, the first update is free and the other updates are a nominal price.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 12:51 am 
Major Poster
Major Poster

When I got into this crazy business I looked at KJ Pro & Music Book Deluxe. I shure the heck did not want to type everything in.

Hands down for me was KJ Pro.

It had more listings & was easier to use. The only thing I didn't like was the templates that they had, it just made the books look like everybody elses.

I got around that, just export to Excel & customize the look you want. My book has a different look than what everybody that I have seen in my area.

In my opinion, KJ Pro is the standard for most KJ's.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 8:39 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1 time
actually, I just bit the bullet, and hand typed it all out! And as I've gotten newer music, it's very easy to update it.

I also am very familiar with what I have, and what I don't!

Matt

Post subject: I tried them all....
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 11:28 am 
I'm new to the business and recently explored the different ways of creating my song books. I certainly didn't have the time to manually enter all 7000+ listings so I tried all of the software packages available.

I tried KJPro, Music Book Deluxe, Airwer, and FastTracks V2.

I settled on FastTracks V2 due to its' feature list, ease of use, and the optional Lifetime Updates. You can also choose between two versions depending on your needs!

Try them all before you decide...

FastTracks V2 - www.karaokeware.com
Musicbook Deluxe - www.musicbookdeluxe.com
KJPro - www.kjpro.com
Airwer - www.airwer.com

Good Luck

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 4:39 pm 
Major Poster
Major Poster

...so awesome.
I have researched and actually bought many of the products discussed as well as many others.
The KISS program is the best suited for my needs.
Since this subject is a special spin off to the Karaoke business, there will tend to be blantant advertising spoofs as well as those who knock another product down just to sell their own stuff but if you have a very extensive library like I do and like to update as often as I do, then this is it.
They send me updates like every other day it seems, when they find typos or someone else finds them, they send you the corrected materials and you just insert them to your files.
I like this program too cause it allows me to print in double columns if I want as well as font and size changes, lets me put in headers,footers, kj picks, and etc...
There is one other thing that really outdoes other programs, this one actually let's me look up songs ahead of their release dates and notifies me when it's available.
You all know Mic Ketchum's legendary library, he too uses this program as well as many others.

Now if I boast of something I must also let you know the down falls too,
so here goes:
Every single program I have gotten has had it's share of typo's and since this program is so extensive and it's master files so large, there are without a doubt a lot of typos or incorrect information but what I said before, they really do try to fix all those as soon as they hear or find out about them, plus the programmmer is a local Karaoke fanatic!!!

No matter what program you get, I wish you the best with your endeavors.
Respectfully
Rodney