KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - need help setting lexicon mpx100 Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:32 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 10:58 am 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
got a lexicon mpx100 connect to my mackie 1202 mixer...i bought the lexicon mpx100 used without the manual guide...

if you have setup or used one before, please help me with the best setting for vocals (karaoke)

I think lonman got the same unit in his system.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 11:27 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2126 times
It's a dual channel multi effect processor. Connect to both the left & right input & return both the left & right channel for the effects to be, well, work at it's best. If you run the unit in mono, you'll lose some of the effectiveness of the effect.
Here is the manual. http://www.lexiconpro.com/downloads/MPX ... g_Rev0.pdf
http://www.lexiconpro.com/downloads/MPX ... uction.pdf
There is no right or wrong setting. All trial & error & what works for me, may not work for you. I usually run the Reverb/Delay setting with independent controls, then run a little reverb into the delay channel. You may find you just want reverb, or maybe a chorus effect. Play with it, thats the way you will learn the various effects.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 11:43 am 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

thanks lonman....i can see the problem now

because my mixer is mackie 1202, it has aux send 1 and aux send 2. The stereo aux return has left and right input for each channel so what i did is i connect lexicon output L&R to mackie stereo aux return L&R of channel 1.

I then connect aux send channel 1 to lexicon input left....i DIDN'T connect lexicon input right (mono) to anything because the remaining aux send in mackie is in channel 2.....Should i connect it to lexicon input right?

Also, what position of each knob you use in front of lexicon...i'm clueless in this....thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 12:42 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

If you are only using Aux 1 send (I would use Aux 2 if you are running a monitor), then plug into the right (mono) input on the Lexicon. The stereo return is fine as some of the effects interface with each other regardless of stereo/mono input. You won't get the full effect, but it will still work.

As far as the settings, I will generally run the input knob at around 12:00 oclock, the mix & output at full volume. If you have it on Aux 1, then this is the knob on the channel strip that will control how much signal will go to the unit. If you have it on Aux 2, then Aux to is the control (obvious I know, but you'd be surprised). You will also need to turn up the corresponding Aux return to hear the effected signal. You will need to watch the LED lights on the input of the Lexicon, you don't want it to light the red very much (if at all). If you are lighting the red, turn the Aux on the channel strip down until it is just lighting green. To compensate, turn the aux return up for the signal.

The effects/balance knob is equal when straight up. Say when it is set on the reverb/delay setting, this knob will adjust to more reverb or more delay depending on which way it's turned. The Adjust knob will adjust the delay/decay of the effect shorter to longer. Variation is just different configurations of the particular effect selected. Program is the effect you want. Tap is a nice feature - this allows you to actually "time" your effect. Let's say you want a long delay to fit with the beat of the music, just "tap" to the beat & now your echo effect is in time.
You will need to play with the various effects yourself & find out what sounds good to you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 1:08 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

thanks lonman for your expert help

since it's better, why shouldn't i use it dual capacity. I think i would connect aux send 1 to lexicon L input and aux send 2 to lexicon R input.

another concern is that all of my connection to and from that lexicon used fender patch 1/4"-1/4" fender unbalanced cable. Reading from lexicon guide, it said that you have to use balanced 1/4" input for stereo. Does it really matter?

isn't there many block on the way to true happiness?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 1:31 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Oh, Balanced connections will help eliminate some unwanted noise, but isn't a requirement. If you can get them (balanced lines), use them, otherwise regular 1/4" will work fine. Balanced is more noticeable in a recording studio environment where noise is a undesired sound.

I f you use both Aux 1 & 2, then you will be able to individualize your effect a lot better. I thought you might have had a monitor hooked up which would usually be hooked to Aux 1 which would only leave aux 2.