KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - VOCOPRO DVM - 100G Digital Video Mixer Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:35 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 12:58 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
I started a new gig Saturday. The wall behind the singers has a full size projection TV. I would love to mix live video of singers into my karaoke video feed to that TV.

Any opinions on the DVM - 100G will be greatly appreciated.
Also, Is there any other comparable unit on the market?

Thanks, BJC

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 2:43 pm 
Once in my browsing I ran across a CD-G player that had some video mixing capabilites. I believe it was around $600. I don't remember the brand or it's capabilites.

The DVM 100G has alot of preset features that basically do what someone could easily do with a computer and some video software. IN other words a laptop properly setup could do much more than the DVM 100G could but it has a hefty leaning curve and could be a complex task during a show. The DVM 100G does simplify all this but only gives you a few options. Generally I would think that was enough. Too bad it is $400 to try out. I would be interested in how well and easy it was to use.

Vocopro stresses the income potential of this unit by being able to sell whole performances, video and audio. What would someone charge for this??

There is also computer Karaoke software to do this mixing.

Many video editing software packages could be made to work.

But it should be easy or else you'll be pulling your hair out over using it.

I think $400 is high and may be because there is almost no competition against this product.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 10:07 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 1 time
I haven't had any experience with this, but mixing the video image of the singer up on the screen seems cool. I don't know about their suggestion as a money-maker though. If you've got the $$$, might be worth going for as something different. Could definitely add something to the show.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 8:21 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

I'd be real careful with that one. If you're planning to record video and audio both to sell, especially when you consider the liscensing issues with making a copy of Karaoke songs which you have bought for use, but not made any arrangements for resale of recordings. That could get sticky real quick.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:06 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 1 time
I agree - copyright/licensing aside, I have always felt karaoke is best for the moment it occurs, and not to go back to and review (audio or video).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 6:28 am 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

I know a KJ that uses it the vocopro, I haven't heard any complaints. My CAVS Machine has that freature and I used it once, it's fun to play with.

I found that sometimes the words are harder to read for some people.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 7:54 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

With my last post, I didn't mean to sound negative, just warning about liscensing issues. It would be a nice capability to have, particularly if you could zoom in etc. to enlarge the singer in a large room etc. I see nothing wrong with having and using such an addition. All I meant was to make sure you have all your bases covered before you start either recording or selling the results of such a set up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 2:50 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Guys, The copyright issues are apparent, I have no Intention of making tapes of singers with the device.

TESLANY, The projectoin tv is on a 12 x 12 wall, The lyrics are HUGE right now, A little shrinkage is no problem. Furthermore, The device allows Individual adjustments for 2 monitors as follows:

#1 Picture in a picture placing singer at top right corner of screen

#2 Picture in a picture placing singer at top left corner of screen

#3 Top half of screen is singer, Bottom half is graphics(Thats 6 feet of graphics on the big screen)

#4 All Graphics

Or any combo individually on Monitor #! or #2 plus a keyboard input for announcements on screen.

I just purchased the unit from one of the Karaoke Scene sponsors. I'll let you all know how it works out, BJC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 4:44 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Actually, Since some of us have mentioned sponsors outside of KS, I thought I might give credit to the KS Sponsor.

I purchased the Vocopro DVM - 100G from dtskaraoke.com

I called DTS and talked to one of their reps before buying, Then the deal was done. Great price! Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 2:53 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

I recently did a party gig at a rather large ball room where I used a computer controlled projector and projected the graphics onto a wall. Used a video switching unit that takes multiple inputs/outputs that I got from Brian. It was a lot of fun and worked great. Had the words projected to an area that was about 10 ft X 10 ft. Everybody loved it. One area ya have to be careful though is to have your set up where nobody is going to be walking between the projector and the wall (or screen, or whatever else you might use).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 7:28 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Ron, This particular club was constructed 5 months ago, Everything Is "State Of The Art".

They have a drop ceiling and it seems everything is mounted on the ceiling.

The only thing that would be floor mounted would be my tripod and camcorder, But they are well away from the flow of foot traffic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 9:16 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

BJC, Must be nice. Whatever ya come up with - good luck. Hope it works out well for ya.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 2:51 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I used the unit this last Saturday, Very Impressive, I hope it is durable. I picked up a JVC camcorder for under 300 and the store threw in a tripod for free.

Once again, Very Impressive unit, The crowd loved it, It took my show to a new level, BJC