KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Question about PC Karaoke Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:58 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 11:45 am 
Hi! I am new to this site but have been a KJ for about a year now but my business has been around for 12 years, and I am looking at upgrading and incorporating some technology into my professional shows....CAN YOU HELP!!
I am not sure if this will work for me or not. I am looking at purchasing 3 computer programs that will let me convert my CD+G's into what are called MP3+G's and play them pn a computer rather than carrying around 500 CD+G's to every show. Have you heard of these programs? PlayCDG Pe, Encoder MCG and Decoder CDG program, and do they work well?

Thanks for the help!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 8:04 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1 time
mp3gtoolz is a fine program for conversion!. Short, sweet, and too the point. AND very affordable!

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 5:00 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
go to www.mtu.com and checkout "hoster". it has all three programs rolled into one, keeps a play list and allows 2 monitors, so the singers dont know what you are doing. also allows keychange. maintains the song database, and prints your songbooks. I have been using it for a year, and it is the best I have seen. BTW I am running over 1,000 cd's, saves a lot of wear and tear.

Post subject: Thanks!
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 12:28 pm 
Thank you so much for your advice! I am really glad I stumbled upon this website. It looks like Hoster is exactly what I am looking for! The other question I have is....are you able to also play MP3's on this program? My crowd always seems to request a little bit of dance music (Macarena, Electric Slide, etc.)? Also, I really don't know much about computers so I was wondering.....if I am using a laptop....will I need a special soundcard (ie. soundblaster is what was suggested to me) even if I am using a really good sound system? And do I also need an external hard drive or special video card?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 3:03 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1 time
That's why I like not using a program like hoster... but rather PCDJRed... now those folks HAVE a similar program for karaoke, including a kewl little preview window, but want WAYYYYyyyyy too much money for their products.

My partner and I are trying to devise a computerized system, with dual video out (the two monitor system Hostor uses)...

I like WinAmp and the karaoke plugin (freeware) that's available for it... and yes, you can queue up mp3s on that playlist (heck, it's what it's MADE for! LOL!) to do between singers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 9:08 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

I use a program called CDG Ripper by Tricersoft. Works Great!

Jim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 6:55 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

as far as playing mp-3's for dance music I use microsoft media player, it plays mp3's as well as wma, and wav files. I try to shy away from mp3's, for lrgality issues, I import all my music from cd's I own, and windows media player has all thi in it, and it is free. I have seen pcdj, and it looks ok, but why pay 275.00 for something you get free. I can have the media player, and the hoster window open at the same time on one screen and mix between them .

The pcdj & pckj system maybe ok, but the pckj part has been out only a month, and is probably still buggy..... i don't know. I do know hoster, I use it, and it works great, and they are improving it as we speak to handle playing audio files, and dvd, & vcd. I estimate in the next 2-3 months all of these formats will be incl. in it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 7:02 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I don't know what video card you have but if you have s-video out on the laptop, and windows xp, then you have all you need except an external hard drive.

I have 16,000 cdg tracks on 52 gigs of hard drive. and 10 gigs of music (wma) files I use a 200 gig maxtor portable usb 2.0 hard drive. when I use the laptop. I have it as a backup, normaly I have a rackmount computer I built in the system rack, so I dont have to carry around extra equip.

The built in sound card on most laptops are fine. mine came with jbl pro (compaq)