KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Thompson Vocal Eliminator Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:07 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Martin Roland
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 3:08 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
Stevieb:
I will keep you posted on the Martin Roland. I bought this unit because it was made in Germany. Germans are usually to the point of being obsessive when doing work. Usually a proud people that pride themselves in work ethics. I lived in Germany for many years and I have great respect for their honed abilities in most EVERYTHING they do.

With that having been said, we will see what this unit is like.

Regards,
Harold

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 4:52 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Harold:

That's interesting. There is a post here on the forum where we discussed if there was any association between the pro sound manufacturer Roland and Martin Roland. I do not believe there is. The Martin Roland web site states that they have been in business since 1985 with manufacturing locations in China, Singapore, and Taiwan.

If they are not associated, you have to take your hat off to them. Their logo is very similar to Roland's logo. If you don't look too closely, it is very easy to assume a relation to Roland. That's part of the reason that I am curious as to how this unit performs.

This is the link to the previous thread:
http://www.karaoke-forum.com/viewtopic. ... ght=roland

Cheers

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 6:45 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Stevieb:
I have clearly made a mistake!! I have visited the site from where I gleaned this "information" (and purchased the unit) and the description states that the Amp was designed by a German Eng.

http://www.acekaraoke.com/hmaram3000.html

So I stand to be corrected . . . . immediately if not sooner!! Still, I am in hopes that the design by this Deutsche Person is of the quality that I have previously enjoyed.

The entire purchased package is listed at the following site:

http://www.acekaraoke.com/haceps0014.html

Sorry to have mis-spoken. Guess I need to learn to read.

Tschüß
Harold

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 10:04 pm 
Stevie & Harold. This discussion has taken place once before.. I doubt is true.. I'll ask a rep I will see tomorrow who is with Roland-USA & Ederol. I use both company's products here in my studio. Which I do know they ARE in fact one in the same.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 12:10 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Brian:
Since you have both units in your studio, I would assume the Units are "good units"? What am I to expect of this Martin Roland since I have basically purchased a "pig in a poke"?

Harold

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 1:04 pm 
Harold..

I DON'T use "Martin-Roland" in my studio.. but use Ederol, and Roland-USA products in here for Recording.. both are great products.. although I just replaced this week an Ederol Interface for a Presonus for firewire into my PC.. I just wanted a different Mic Pre-amp.

they are two different companies.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 1:58 am 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Gee . . . . I don't know what's going on!!! Although I have everything setup to be notified when there is a reply to postings, I no longer get notifications. Wonder what's up?

Hopefully, day after tomorrow I get my shipment. If you guys find out anything about Martin Roland, please let me know. I have hunted for the company on the web but have had no luck . . . . although there are plenty of Martin Roland amps mentioned.

Harold

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 6:35 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Harold:

Martin Rolands web site is as follows:

martinroland.com

Cheers

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 6:09 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Hi Guys,
I have finally received everything and it's hooked up. The Amp has a very clean sound. No hiss. A lot of the times amps have a hiss when the volume is increased and I don't have this in my unit.

Both player and the Amp have Key Steps and the one built into the Amp is somewhat disappointing. Once you reduce or increse the steps past 2, the music really begins to sound badly. The Key Step in the player seem superior as I can reduce past 5 and the music is still acceptable. However, having said that, several lesser quality CD sound rather badly at that much of a reduction. I have managed to use both Key Steps together with "some" success. Echo and Reverb on the Amp is pretty good.

I'm still learning about the player but for sure, someone needs to write an instruction booklet that's worth reading. I'm not at all impressed with the instructions that came with the Player.

I have taken your advise and re-ordered many of the CDs from Sound Choice. The only Sound Choice CD that I have seems to be "close" to some of the originals and the quality is better than most.

Back to the Key Step on the Player and the Amp . . . . . Is it possible to somehow hook a computer the the unit, use the Key Step to effect a key change and record the reduction. Once the reduction has been recorded (a lower key lets say) then play the song and reduce a little more with the player in hopes the quality is not as bad as the original when steped down by say, five steps? Have I made sense?

Harold

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 8:12 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

You could reburn a copie at a lower key then relower it withthe player but it will only be as good as your burner copy i have used this processes in the past but due to the lack of expensive burning euquipment the outcome was not as great as i desired.

Post subject: Re-Burn
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 1:34 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

TheKaraokeGuys:
Could you please send me a personal email so we can talk "off line" on how I would go about re-burning? My email address is hwingo@cybersurf.de

Thanks,
Harold